IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

BW "unosom II" display

thunderchild
    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2013-04-21
    Number of posts : 344

BW "unosom II" display  Empty BW "unosom II" display

Post by thunderchild Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:57 pm

Just to share my latest bundeswehr display ,somalia 1993/94 ,It was quite significant as it was the first time the army had operated outside of germany since the end of world war 2 ,the uniform is french  army HBT F2 and dated 1990 ,the rank shows infantry senior NCO ,i hope to add the french desert boots one day but for now enjoy BW "unosom II" display  005_zpsgvntjxpvBW "unosom II" display  001_zpso0ktdtysBW "unosom II" display  004_zpseffyfoflBW "unosom II" display  008_zpssn8kdnm6BW "unosom II" display  015_zpsdpw8mlr5BW "unosom II" display  020_zpsuidzewvxBW "unosom II" display  016_zpshvx3xqzcBW "unosom II" display  019_zpsvf7roezjBW "unosom II" display  027_zpslh04z3mzBW "unosom II" display  034_zpsupcaijk5BW "unosom II" display  022_zpsg5wf7azbBW "unosom II" display  035_zpsn2zc5zphBW "unosom II" display  037_zpsncbgdjmqBW "unosom II" display  045_zpscabboyxdBW "unosom II" display  039_zpszmq8qzbsBW "unosom II" display  046_zpsoj6tiiwo
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6959

BW "unosom II" display  Empty Re: BW "unosom II" display

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:13 pm

So let me get this straight. You are saying that Germany deployed forces to Somalia to protect cute little bunny rabbits? Do you have a source for that because I'm pretty sure Germans generally eat rabbits, not protect them Very Happy

Finding a genuine bringback BW F2 jacket is damned hard to do. I've missed a couple and they went for considerable amounts of money.

A while back a few of us tried to figure out if flags were sewn onto the sleeves BW style. There is some evidence that this is in fact the case, however maddeningly the few photos I've seen from Somalia show either the right arm (with brassard like you have) or the guy's not wearing the F2 jacket. So no definitive answer.

Steve
    thunderchild
    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2013-04-21
    Number of posts : 344

Post by thunderchild Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Very Happy Thanks Steve ,them pesky rabbits get everywhere, great to hear you had a discussion on the somalia gear i didn't realise there was much interest in this time period for the BW collector but i can say i really enjoyed setting it all up in one display ,my thoughts mirror your's regarding the f2 jacket, ive seen some referance pictures showing with tri flag and the germany arc patch just as found on the the brassard or like mine nothing at all on the left sleeve so seemingly a bit of both ,ill have to do some further reasearch on the subject ,thanbs for your valued comments ,James
    abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-09-26
    Number of posts : 282

Post by abefroman Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:32 pm

Nevermind, edit post. Your display is pretty spot on:
    Anyway, an awesome display and great topic.

BW "unosom II" display  Bundeswehr-unosom-2-mission-in-somalia-CRHWJA

BW "unosom II" display  Bundeswehr-mission-in-somalia-CRJ1JR

BW "unosom II" display  Bundeswehr-unosom-2-mission-in-somalia-CRHXFA

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:15 pm