IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Custom Tailored Lizard Set

Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-12
    Number of posts : 399

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Empty Custom Tailored Lizard Set

Post by Camonut314 Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:30 pm

Ok, this one is a little bit of a mystery to me. I bought it mainly because it was cool, and it fits Smile but it is otherwise unknown to me. Seems to be a commercial variant of French lizard, one which I have seen available on Goretex jackets that were bought on a unit-basis in the 1990's, but never issued (I have one of these floating around somewhere). The set itself was custom tailored, seems to be taken down from a copy of a TAP 47/56 (label says size 104, but I can tell you it is closer to a 92). I have seen one photo of such a set being worn by an actor during the film made about Operation Turquoise, but alas have no other information. The seller claimed the suit was tailored in Bosnia, but I feel that this might have been a bit late for something like this to have been made. It was clearly used, and one can make out the outline of breast insignia in the proper place. It has some strange features too, like the short-cut sleeves, which seem to me to be more appropriate for a place that is hot most of the time (I know the Balkans can be hot, but more likely in Africa?) . Also, front closure is one big strip of Velcro? Anyone seen anything like this???

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0510

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0511

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0517

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0512

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0513

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0514

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0515

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0516

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0518

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0519
    Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Empty Re: Custom Tailored Lizard Set

Post by Camonut314 Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:32 pm

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0520

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0521

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0522

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0523

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0524

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0525

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0526

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Dscf0527
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2781

Post by ripcord Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:54 am

Hello G...

Leave it to you to find something like this.

Whatever it is, it is quite cool. Glad it fits. This would make for a great mercenary impression..

Biafra ?? Belgian affreux ??

S
    Mellon
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2016-04-16
    Number of posts : 34

Post by Mellon Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi,

You can see various Lizard Camo set, during Bob Denard Coup in the Comores Islands in 1995:

http://lignesdedefense.blogs.ouest-france.fr/archive/2012/05/29/bob-denard-sur-france-o-retour-sur-le-sultan-blanc-des-comor.html
    http://www.habarizacomores.com/2013/04/coup-detat-dejoue-confirmation-de.html

Same thing in 2008 in Anjouan:
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4um1c_exclusif-l-armee-comorienne-a-pris_news

F1/F2 + TAP style cuts.

Last Leopard uniformes used by the French, are ECWS style parka (alongside classic Woodland and Salik camo parka): end of the 80s / beginning of the 90s.

Regards

Mellon
    Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Camonut314 Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Thanks Sal, it is indeed cool and I have actually been lusting at it for some time, finally bit the bullet, so to speak.

Yes, the Francofile lizard camo uniforms have had quite a bit of discussion about them, the majority of them are in the F1 cut, and went to various nations throughout Africa.

However, this uniform is distinctly different from those manufactured. It is a distinctly different pattern, which you are correct, is the same as the ECWS cut that they used in the 90s (I believe that these were private purchase or unit purchase only, though. I have one in storage and the tag is decidely un-military.) It is possible that this was the same manufacturer, and without a doubt my set is not issue. I am just wondering if anyone has seen something like it actually used.

Here is one photo of what you are talking about:

Custom Tailored Lizard Set Gign210

And hard to tell, but this may be a TAP cut?

Custom Tailored Lizard Set 93b30110

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:37 pm