IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Any idea what this uniform is?

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-09
    Number of posts : 6888

Any idea what this uniform is? Empty Any idea what this uniform is?

Post by CollectinSteve Wed May 03, 2017 9:25 am

I've had this type of uniform in my collection for some time now and it came from another collector who stopped collecting in the early/mid 1990s.  I've not seen anybody positively identify it as real or as a fake.  Here are pictures and after a few more facts:

Any idea what this uniform is? DSC09335_zpsvjydcz1h
    Any idea what this uniform is? DSC09337_zpsfqxtyxuj
    Any idea what this uniform is? DSC09338_zpsjuzg3qrw

I now have two of these uniforms.  They are identical except that the first one I have has camouflage plastic buttons and a different metal stud button for the trousers.  The stamps are the same on all four items, including matching the correct size as stated on the white paper size tags.

Obviously the cut is unlike anything used by the Czechoslovakian, Slovak, or Czech Republic forces.  It is *very* rare. I think I've only seen a total of three uniforms, of which I have two. My only thought is this was some sort of work uniform suggestion by a vendor and a small number were accepted for trials in 1994.  That's all I got Very Happy

Anybody have anything to add?

Steve
    Thibir
    Thibir
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2015-05-06
    Number of posts : 251

Any idea what this uniform is? Empty Re: Any idea what this uniform is?

Post by Thibir Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:22 am

I totally missed this topic. I found just one article about vz. 95 development mentioning probably this camo.

"V Československu v té době vznikl velice podobný vzor založený na podobném tvaru skvrn a kombinaci čtyř barev převládajících barev v naší přírodě. Tento vzor však byl pouze zkoušen a nebyl nikdy do ozbrojený sil zaveden.

Zkušební série uniforem s tímto potiskem měla být v prodeji v armyshopech v 90. letech, kdy byl tento zkušební materiál vyřazen z vojenských skladů."

There was another similar (to vz. 85 camo) pattern developed in Czechoslovakia at that time (1980s). Pattern had similar shapes and combination of 4 colors most prevalent in our nature. This pattern was only trialed and never adopted by army.

Trial uniforms with this print should be available at surplus stores at 90s when thess trial uniforms were discarded from army warehouses.

http://www.armadninoviny.cz/maskovaci-vzor-95.html
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-09
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:22 am

Excellent! At least we have something to go on now Wink

The construction is not the same as previous or later Czech uniforms, however if the idea was to test the camouflage pattern the quality/cut could be sacrificed. The other theory, which I have no evidence for, is this was intended as a replacement work uniform for the earlier vz92 (I think that is the designation!).

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:51 pm