IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

So what is this strange 2 color desert uniform?

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6952

So what is this strange 2 color desert uniform? Empty So what is this strange 2 color desert uniform?

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:36 am

This was sold to me as NZ experimental desert.  I'm inclined to think it isn't, perhaps even being commercial.  I vaguely remember seeing this before but can't think of where!

As you can see it's pretty close to British tropical cut, but with the difference of pointed pocket flaps on the trousers.  I have seen that on at least one pair of 1980s NZ DPM trousers, but normally for both NZ and UK they are squared off.

Anybody know anything about this?

Steve

So what is this strange 2 color desert uniform? Dsc09813
    So what is this strange 2 color desert uniform? Dsc09812
    Bolty717
    Bolty717
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Bolty
    Registration date : 2012-11-22
    Number of posts : 330

So what is this strange 2 color desert uniform? Empty Re: So what is this strange 2 color desert uniform?

Post by Bolty717 Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:51 am

Any labels of any kind. Im down here and never seen anything close since Jan 88.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

So what is this strange 2 color desert uniform? Empty Re: So what is this strange 2 color desert uniform?

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:15 pm

Hiya,

No labels of any sort.  I also doubt that this is Kiwi related and your post cinched it for me.  So much so that I'm going to punt this over to the "CAN YOU IDENTIFY ME?????" section and see if anybody can make anything of it there.

Thanks!

Steve
    drmatz
    drmatz

Name : danilo matz
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 2103

Post by drmatz Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:16 pm

very interesting first time seeing anything like it... could a trial for a different nation?

http://picasaweb.google.com/danilomatz
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:58 am

No idea. I don't think it has anything to do with NZ, but it does seem to be for some military. Even if it was a speculative item without official government approval.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:30 pm