IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Flecktarn KSK trial combatshirt, not the underarmor kind, just a shirt, meant for combat

michelwijnand
    michelwijnand
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Name : Michel Wijnand
    Registration date : 2016-11-10
    Number of posts : 795

Flecktarn KSK trial combatshirt, not the underarmor kind, just a shirt, meant for combat Empty Flecktarn KSK trial combatshirt, not the underarmor kind, just a shirt, meant for combat

Post by michelwijnand Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:40 am

Bought a shirt from a random webshop, was supposed to be a "regular" German Einsatzfeldbluse going by their photos, but I noticed a few differences when it arrived, when I looked at the labelturned out to be just "a bit" more special.

Flecktarn KSK trial combatshirt, not the underarmor kind, just a shirt, meant for combat Dsc08810
    Flecktarn KSK trial combatshirt, not the underarmor kind, just a shirt, meant for combat Dsc08811
    Flecktarn KSK trial combatshirt, not the underarmor kind, just a shirt, meant for combat Dsc08812
    Flecktarn KSK trial combatshirt, not the underarmor kind, just a shirt, meant for combat Dsc08814
    Flecktarn KSK trial combatshirt, not the underarmor kind, just a shirt, meant for combat Dsc08813
    Flecktarn KSK trial combatshirt, not the underarmor kind, just a shirt, meant for combat Dsc08815

jimmyduncan23 and ripcord like this post

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-09
    Number of posts : 6906

Flecktarn KSK trial combatshirt, not the underarmor kind, just a shirt, meant for combat Empty Re: Flecktarn KSK trial combatshirt, not the underarmor kind, just a shirt, meant for combat

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:48 am

Wow, that is quite a find! I've never seen a trials combat shirt before. You are a very lucky, and I assume happy, man Wink

Steve
    michelwijnand
    michelwijnand
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Name : Michel Wijnand
    Registration date : 2016-11-10
    Number of posts : 795

Flecktarn KSK trial combatshirt, not the underarmor kind, just a shirt, meant for combat Empty Re: Flecktarn KSK trial combatshirt, not the underarmor kind, just a shirt, meant for combat

Post by michelwijnand Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:03 am

Oh yes I am very happy with it for sure! Never expected this, when I read the tag I went wide-eyed, I didn't even know about this trial type before

ripcord likes this post

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-09
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:26 am

It's the first I've seen of it, though it doesn't surprise me that there was a trial of some sort. It's a radical departure from previous German uniforms and the Bundeswehr usually engages in good sized trials that result in items floating around on eBay at the very least. Even fairly small scale trials are at least known because surviving items are in the hands of collectors.

Perhaps what happened in this case is that KSK worked with Sharrer to produce the shirt under a direct contract. They liked what they got and went directly to more widespread use. In other words, it skipped the normal trials process.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:22 pm