IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Unknown type Belgian small backpack similar to 90's Spanish type, trial?

michelwijnand
    michelwijnand
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Name : Michel Wijnand
    Registration date : 2016-11-09
    Number of posts : 798

Unknown type Belgian small backpack similar to 90's Spanish type, trial? Empty Unknown type Belgian small backpack similar to 90's Spanish type, trial?

Post by michelwijnand Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:25 pm

So this backpack appeared for sale and I was intrigued by it and bought it, I tought it was pretty interesting it had so many features that I normally only saw on Spanish 90's gear,
    is this something the Belgians trialled?
    And looking at the buckles at the corners it can be attached to something, maybe a larger backpack, or a tactical vest?

I'm also pretty sure the flap's buckles shouldn't normally attach to the buckles they are attached to now, as those appear to be meant to form equipment straps on the bottom of
    the pack, I think the original ones were cut off but used to be attached to the other end of the same strap, further upwards past where it's sewn to the pack body itself, maybe
    someone can confirm this?

Also, I quite like those Woodland pattern straps in Belgian Jigsaw colors!

Unknown type Belgian small backpack similar to 90's Spanish type, trial? Dsc00268
    Unknown type Belgian small backpack similar to 90's Spanish type, trial? Dsc00269
    Unknown type Belgian small backpack similar to 90's Spanish type, trial? Dsc00270
    Unknown type Belgian small backpack similar to 90's Spanish type, trial? Dsc00273
    Unknown type Belgian small backpack similar to 90's Spanish type, trial? Dsc00274
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6952

Unknown type Belgian small backpack similar to 90's Spanish type, trial? Empty Re: Unknown type Belgian small backpack similar to 90's Spanish type, trial?

Post by CollectinSteve Thu May 02, 2024 1:59 am

That's an unusual piece! My guess is the Belgians felt the need for a small backpack for CDO/Paras or a peace keeping mission, liked what the Spanish have, and contracted with one of their makers to produce something for them. That would explain the label, I think, as well as the well used condition.

A "unit purchase" contract is the most straight forward explanation, other than "some Spanish blokes got a hold of some Jigsaw cloth and decided to make packs out of them" Smile

Steve
    belgium_one
    belgium_one
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Name : Seb
    Registration date : 2015-11-10
    Number of posts : 477

Unknown type Belgian small backpack similar to 90's Spanish type, trial? Empty Re: Unknown type Belgian small backpack similar to 90's Spanish type, trial?

Post by belgium_one Thu May 02, 2024 6:17 am

Hello
    a few days ago , I saw on Vinted similar woodland fabric on belgian army belt

Unknown type Belgian small backpack similar to 90's Spanish type, trial? Rzvc

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:12 am