IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
CollectinSteve
bond007a1
Camo_fiend
filupe
8 posters

Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform

filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform Empty Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform

Post by filupe Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:19 am

Another EBay purchase coming out of Thailand of all places, another Thai vendor was selling a French 47/56 paratrooper jacket in the same camo! Unfortunately I didn't win that one but successfully bid on these two to re-unite the set.

Note how the cut is similar to the early US 'Choc Chip' uniforms which were 'Special Forces' tagged.

Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform SaudiNG-jacket

Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform SaudiNG-patch

Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform SaudiNG-pants

Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform SaudiNG-fullset
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform Empty Re: Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform

Post by Camo_fiend Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:29 pm

Nice set! What do you search for to find these neat things on eBay?

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform Empty Re: Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform

Post by bond007a1 Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:58 pm

very NICE filupe...I had one of those, but I sold it a year or 2 ago... Crying or Very sad but mine never had patches on it..

Steven

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:59 am

Heh... now I know who beat me out at the last minute on that set Wink I'm glad it's in good hands now.

I have a different cut of this Saudi uniform. One of my favorite US 6 Color Desert variations.

Steve
    bajiman55
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Yehoshua
    Registration date : 2010-04-02
    Number of posts : 55

Post by bajiman55 Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:22 pm

Is this the different cut you're talking about? Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform Saudi_10
    No side pockets on pants, no drawstrings on pant cuffs, only 2 pockets on shirt. Mine has a missing circular patch mark on the left arm. Does anybody know if the patch that is missing is the same one pictured above. What kind of patch is that anyways? I wonder why the two versions. Different production periods? Different manufacturers? Different purpose (combat vs regular non combat duty)? heres the tag on mine and the pants with no drawstring. Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform Saudi_11Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform Saudi_12
    vonstuck
    vonstuck
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2010-03-30
    Number of posts : 3395

Post by vonstuck Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:54 pm

Hello
    The set I have put in my new + a M65 I already
    See my website: http://vonstuckcamouflage.free.fr/saudi%20arabia.php
    And the pattern is for boder guard
    Gilles

Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform 100_5612
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Post by misanthropic_gods Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:00 pm

love this pattern...I think it looks so cool
    airborne1968
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Tom
    Registration date : 2011-11-16
    Number of posts : 17

Post by airborne1968 Thu May 03, 2012 1:41 am

bajiman55 wrote:Is this the different cut you're talking about? Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform Saudi_10
    No side pockets on pants, no drawstrings on pant cuffs, only 2 pockets on shirt. Mine has a missing circular patch mark on the left arm. Does anybody know if the patch that is missing is the same one pictured above. What kind of patch is that anyways? I wonder why the two versions. Different production periods? Different manufacturers? Different purpose (combat vs regular non combat duty)? heres the tag on mine and the pants with no drawstring. Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform Saudi_11Saudi National Guard - Grey 'Choc Chip' camouflage uniform Saudi_12

I am now the current owner of this uniform! I like the cut of this version because it looks a lot like many of the Iraqi uniforms made in the 1980s and 1990s. A quick search of the web indicates Raka'a Est is a trading company based out of Riyad, SA.

Tom

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:44 pm