IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
stuka
kammo-man
bond007a1
7 posters

REPRODUCTION tiger stripe uniform

bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

REPRODUCTION tiger stripe uniform Empty REPRODUCTION tiger stripe uniform

Post by bond007a1 Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:46 pm

Here is a tiger stripe reproduction that I bought many years ago...However..I knowing bought it as a repro set.....so i did not get burned on it.....I am under the impression that the patches are real however....but I don't know for sure.

REPRODUCTION tiger stripe uniform Ustigerstripe1a

REPRODUCTION tiger stripe uniform Ustigerstripe1c

REPRODUCTION tiger stripe uniform Ustigerstripe1b

REPRODUCTION tiger stripe uniform Ustigerstripe1d

REPRODUCTION tiger stripe uniform Ustigerstripe1e

kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2010-02-02
    Number of posts : 1086

REPRODUCTION tiger stripe uniform Empty Re: REPRODUCTION tiger stripe uniform

Post by kammo-man Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Ist pattern tigerstripe products !!!!!
    stuka
    stuka
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-03-13
    Number of posts : 132

Post by stuka Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:10 am

Reproduction tigerstripes that copied some VN era tiger with dyeing imperfection that turned the large streaks into purple or blue color. Manufactured by Sessler. I bought this in Ueno, Tokyo last January 2010 in Americaya area (American Street).
    REPRODUCTION tiger stripe uniform Blue_TS1_lores
    pwmiraldi67
    pwmiraldi67
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-06-21
    Number of posts : 80

Post by pwmiraldi67 Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:59 pm

stuka wrote:Reproduction tigerstripes that copied some VN era tiger with dyeing imperfection that turned the large streaks into purple or blue color. Manufactured by Sessler. I bought this in Ueno, Tokyo last January 2010 in Americaya area (American Street).
    REPRODUCTION tiger stripe uniform Blue_TS1_lores

those look pretty good!!
    Trey Moore makes a nice repro too,
    as for the Tigerstripe Product seen in the 1st photos, if youd want, you could sit down with a black sharpie and re-color all the black stripes, it will make it look 100% better and give it new life Smile

p
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2781

Post by ripcord Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:08 am

At one time I managed to buy and sell a dozen of the 1st run of Tiger Stripe Products . This would be about `85.
    They were very well made, but faded fairly quickly. I had 4 of 3 different sizes (M, L, XL.). Sold most to my friends,and sent 2 sets to my
    Spanish camo contact. To my knowledge ( except for the ones that went to Spain ), only one survives. I have been trying to talk my brother in law into relinquishing the uniform for awhile. I have had no luck....

ripcord
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:20 am

I have only recently sold a mint 80s Tiger Stripe Products shirt and still somewhere have an unworn set for myself.
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:27 am

ripcord wrote:At one time I managed to buy and sell a dozen of the 1st run of Tiger Stripe Products . This would be about `85.
    They were very well made, but faded fairly quickly.

When did they come out with the second run? I imported my set about 1987 but haven't worn or used it to see how fast it wears. I do remember it being a slightly heavier material than what I was expecting ...
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:24 pm

No idea to be honest but all I can remember is that the 1st set I bought had the flat type buttons and the later set had the type of buttons found on Vietnam era Jungle Jackets and later BDUs.
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2781

REPRODUCTION tiger stripe uniform Empty Tigerstripe Products.

Post by ripcord Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:53 am

The first run production was made of light weight cotton and had flat buttons.

They definitely faded quickly. I have examined a set recently; they are very faded, and were not used extensively.

The boonies were made of very light cotton as well. Certainly no way near the weight of the originals.

I found them flimsy.

ripcord

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:17 am