IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof

Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof Empty Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof

Post by Camo_fiend Sun May 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Got this in yesterday, and it's definitely been used. Not sure if it was worn in Iraq or Afghanistan. No ranks, patches or identifying marks of any kind were present.

Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof DSC01622
    Overall shot of smock

Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof DSC01624
    Tag

Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof DSC01623
    Some of the "grody-ness" on the pocket and lower left sleeve

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof Empty Re: Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof

Post by Easy Gee Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:19 am

Nice one Ben,I saw a load of these the other day,in my local surplus store,most were badged up with Royal Marine insignia,they were going for £35,so still not that cheap really.... Wink

Cool
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Thanks. I managed to get this one from Sportsman's Guide for a decent price, I was very pleased with it; they're very well-made bits of kit. I really wish the US military would adopt a system like this, it's a very good concept! Smile

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:55 am

Camo_fiend wrote:Thanks. I managed to get this one from Sportsman's Guide for a decent price, I was very pleased with it; they're very well-made bits of kit. I really wish the US military would adopt a system like this, it's a very good concept! Smile

No worries Ben,If they made one in Woodland,or Choc chip,I would snap it up Smile

But your right they are very,good quality and versatile jackets.....most surplus stores in the UK ,debadge all jacket's, it's fairly rare to see one with rank etc still attached Wink
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:27 pm

I've yet to find a windproof with any badging; it's a real pain, because many times the badges tell the story -- where it's been, who wore it, etc. but on a "naked" one you're left only guessing! Laughing

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:14 am

Camo_fiend wrote:I've yet to find a windproof with any badging; it's a real pain, because many times the badges tell the story -- where it's been, who wore it, etc. but on a "naked" one you're left only guessing! Laughing

Good point,it's hard to work out where it's been,without the badges,in my area they are 99.9% Royal Marine surplus,as I'm surrounded by 2 x bases..... badges are rare for sure...I reckon the sneaky dealers take them off,and flog them on ebay Laughing

Cheers Ben Wink
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Easy Gee wrote:Good point,it's hard to work out where it's been,without the badges,in my area they are 99.9% Royal Marine surplus,as I'm surrounded by 2 x bases..... badges are rare for sure...I reckon the sneaky dealers take them off,and flog them on ebay Laughing

Cheers Ben Wink
    Yes, a kind of sneaky way of doing things, but I guess at the end of the day, extra profit is extra profit. Cool

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:11 pm

Camo_fiend wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:Good point,it's hard to work out where it's been,without the badges,in my area they are 99.9% Royal Marine surplus,as I'm surrounded by 2 x bases..... badges are rare for sure...I reckon the sneaky dealers take them off,and flog them on ebay Laughing

Cheers Ben Wink
    Yes, a kind of sneaky way of doing things, but I guess at the end of the day, extra profit is extra profit. Cool

Militaria makes the world go round Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:48 pm