IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

PASGT Helmet Question

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

PASGT Helmet Question Empty PASGT Helmet Question

Post by nkomo Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:44 pm

I have a question for the helmet gurus out there. A buddy of mine has a brand new PASGT helemt for sale. However, it is an odd one. I know it is 100% positively a PASGT helmet, but has some odd features that leave me scratching my head. The color is the EXACT same color as the earlier ACH helmets and it has the same texture to it as well. It is dated 01, so I'm assuming it is a 2001 date.

My question for you all is have you all ever heard or seen anything like this before? Could it be a transitional helmet from where they were going to the ACH? I know it could be just a variation or different manufacturer, but I have handled hundreds of PASGT helmets over the years and have yet to see another one like this one. Sorry no pics as of right now. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Arch

p.s. Forgot to mention that it doesn't appear to be a repaint. It appears to be a factory job.

Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-07-15
    Number of posts : 530

PASGT Helmet Question Empty Re: PASGT Helmet Question

Post by DS9ACU Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:20 pm

maybe its the newer Marine Corps helmet? They are very similar to the PASGT.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:37 am