IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Semi Relic M-42 Helmet.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Semi Relic M-42 Helmet. Empty Semi Relic M-42 Helmet.

Post by Easy Gee Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:00 am

Hi Guys.

Heres another lid from my collection,I thought I would post.

This M-42 shell,is missing the leather liner and chinstraps ,but the liner band is in still in place ( all be it a ton of rust ,and one solitary rivet.But it does have a lot of the original paint finish intact. This shell was found in Normandy,or so I was informed by the seller, but as ever I bought the lid,not the story.
    Either way,it makes a nice display piece.I'm not really into Nazi kit in a big way , but I can always make an exception for a Lid Wink Semi Relic M-42 Helmet. Dsc00210
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Semi Relic M-42 Helmet. Empty Re: Semi Relic M-42 Helmet.

Post by Easy Gee Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:04 am

Semi Relic M-42 Helmet. Dsc00211

Inside shot showing the remenants of the liner band,and the extent of the rust Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:10 am

Semi Relic M-42 Helmet. Dsc00212

And finally,this shot is modelled by "Nigel",to show how the evening sun,delicatly dances with shells contours......Oh,ok I just trying to be artistic lol!
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:49 am

Anyone? Wink
    Alaskan Scout
    Alaskan Scout
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Evasion Alaska
    Registration date : 2010-02-17
    Number of posts : 85

Post by Alaskan Scout Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:09 pm

How'd I miss this..Anyhow..nice..Thnx for sharing..is that the remains of camo paint of simply discoloration?
    2ndAIF
    2ndAIF
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-10-22
    Number of posts : 146

Post by 2ndAIF Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:19 pm

The look on poor old Nigels face is as if he was at Normandy and has just seen the invasion fleet coming Shocked Laughing
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:43 am

Alaskan Scout wrote:How'd I miss this..Anyhow..nice..Thnx for sharing..is that the remains of camo paint of simply discoloration?

Thanks,I think there maybe a trace of camo ( possibly ) this lid was dug up out of a trench,during road improvements in Normandy a few years back,surprisingly there is a lot of paint still attached,i think the finish now is mainly discolouration Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:46 am

2ndAIF wrote:The look on poor old Nigels face is as if he was at Normandy and has just seen the invasion fleet coming Shocked Laughing

Laughing Yeah,poor old Nige, he has that look all the time ( I don't he's ever got over, being on display in a shop window,he's sociaphobic now !!!)

Cheers Mate Wink
    Alaskan Scout
    Alaskan Scout
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Evasion Alaska
    Registration date : 2010-02-17
    Number of posts : 85

Post by Alaskan Scout Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Easy Gee wrote:
    Alaskan Scout wrote:How'd I miss this..Anyhow..nice..Thnx for sharing..is that the remains of camo paint of simply discoloration?

Thanks,I think there maybe a trace of camo ( possibly ) this lid was dug up out of a trench,during road improvements in Normandy a few years back,surprisingly there is a lot of paint still attached,i think the finish now is mainly discolouration Wink

Awesome find..Ive seen pictures from the 80s and 90s where helmets were found upside down with burlap and camo covers still attached...
    i use to have a good collection of German helmets but like a dumbass I sold them years ago..
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:04 pm

Alaskan Scout wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:

Awesome find..Ive seen pictures from the 80s and 90s where helmets were found upside down with burlap and camo covers still attached...
    i use to have a good collection of German helmets but like a dumbass I sold them years ago..

Thanks mate, it's a pity this one is so corroded inside,but it would have been even cooler ,with Burlap and a camo cover!!

I've only got a couple of these M42's ,but I'm gonna hang onto 'em, could put my kid through college one day Laughing ,well maybe not ,but I hope they they gain value one day...cheers Gary.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm