IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Easy Gee
misanthropic_gods
AndrewA74
Camo_fiend
Kan
Mercenary25
CollectinSteve
panzerwerk
12 posters

UCP-D Universial Camouflage Pattern Delta

Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

UCP-D Universial Camouflage Pattern Delta - Page 2 Empty Re: UCP-D Universial Camouflage Pattern Delta

Post by Camo_fiend Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:36 pm

I'm making a phone call! Laughing

EDIT: Called Old Sarge's. The guy with the set decided not to sell it... it's possible it's the same guy who had the closet full. The lady said lots of people have been asking for these uniforms but they have not had any. Evil or Very Mad

I shall keep trying...

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

UCP-D Universial Camouflage Pattern Delta - Page 2 Empty Re: UCP-D Universial Camouflage Pattern Delta

Post by Camo_fiend Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:47 pm

Called the store the lady at Old Sarge's recommended and the guy there told me (and I quote) "I've got a set, but I don't want to sell it."
    He said it was the only set he'd seen come through his doors, and he wasn't letting it back out of his sight. lol!

EDIT: Call me dedicated or just plain obsessed; I called 15 surplus shops in the Fort Bragg/Fayetteville area and turned up 0.

UCP-D might just have to be one of those "accept its loss and let it go" items for my collection. Laughing

Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:42 pm

I don't mean to keep blowing up this thread, but the information I'm finding may be useful to those of us without UCP-D. Wink

After more phone calls (totaling 24 stores called) the cheapest price I was able to find UCP-D in the immediate Fort Bragg/Fayetteville area is $300. Based on information I gathered from one shopkeeper, he said only 10,000 uniforms were made in this pattern and many have either been taken back into inventory or held onto by those issued them. The shops that do have them are well-aware of the fact collectors are after them and have priced accordingly.

Maybe the remaining 9,952 uniforms will turn up somewhere in the future and make them more affordable. Laughing

panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:58 pm

Maybe the remaining 9,952 uniforms will turn up somewhere in the future and make them more affordable. Laughing

Take about a third to half of those uniforms and just forget about them , they were wore out or left on the burn heap in Afghanistan .
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:10 pm

Good point Steve, I had not taken that into account.

Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3117

Post by Philip Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:41 am

4300 uniforms and 1200 ACH covers (or something like that) were made.

misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Post by misanthropic_gods Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:18 am

Ugh, I called first thing yesterday and the lady who answered at Old Sarges didnt even know what the hell I was talking about.

Im really starting to get frustrated with coming up with beans every damn time
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:05 pm

misanthropic_gods wrote:Ugh, I called first thing yesterday and the lady who answered at Old Sarges didnt even know what the hell I was talking about
    She asked me "Why's everyone calling about them and what makes them so special?!?" so I had to explain. Laughing

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6909

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:21 pm

I bought a UCP-D jacket from Old Sarge's on eBay a month or so ago. It was sold as "new" but was definitely used. They were good sports about it and knocked some money off, so I'm OK with what I got. Still disappointed as I was looking for a new jacket. Their pictures were not high quality enough to know until I got it.

I agree with Philip's numbers of what was likely produced. Only one Battalion was issued this uniform as far as I know. 1200 ACH covers would be sufficient for a Battalion, given the fact that they have several different sizes they need to make. 4300 uniforms would be enough to outfit a Battalion with 3-4 sets each, remainder being sizing overstock. Probably some other small units got some as well, unofficially (i.e. outside of the trial), but I suspect they would have pulled them from the trials production.

If 4300 is the correct number, figure about 2000 or so possibly making it back to the States for surplussing in some form or another. As Steve H said, many would have been used up in Afghanistan.

Steve
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Camo_fiend wrote:
    misanthropic_gods wrote:Ugh, I called first thing yesterday and the lady who answered at Old Sarges didnt even know what the hell I was talking about
    She asked me "Why's everyone calling about them and what makes them so special?!?" so I had to explain. Laughing

Sounds like you talked to Lily!! LOL!!!

Post by Camo_fiend Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:22 pm

I just want a helmet cover... I'd love a uniform but would settle for the cover! Laughing

misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:29 am

Camo_fiend wrote:I just want a helmet cover... I'd love a uniform but would settle for the cover! Laughing

Same here....just 1 helmet cover would be enough for me
    Kan
    Kan
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Justin Inman
    Registration date : 2010-06-25
    Number of posts : 86

Post by Kan Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:47 pm

Lol, I'm making sarges all popular now, after they all but ran me out of the parkin lot lol. I was so close to ownin that set of delta I could taste it. And Every single dude I saw with it knew exactly what it was and that it was rare, and only displayed it. I actually made a contact there for when I find stuff while stationed in Italy. Most of the guys are cool folks and one actually offered to sell me something from his own personal collection cause I couldn't find it no where in the bragg area.

I would stop calling though for now, cause all the traffic these guys are getting are just gonna make it harder to find some stuff.
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Post by misanthropic_gods Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:49 pm

Ha ha, yeah...I called once and they didnt have it.

on to the next prospect.

Does NOBODY have a helmet cover they would be willing to part with?
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:07 pm

I have only seen helmet covers once , and I bought them all for $10 a piece , gave 4 away and sold one to cover the cost of buying 5 chest rigs and the helmet covers .
    Hopefully someone will find a box of helmet covers and surplus them out for you guys !!
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:10 am

Someday I will meet Steve H in person, shake his hand, and thank him for whetting my appetite for UCP-D enough to shell out $300 for a beat set. Warning though... if my wife is with me, she might not exactly thank him in the same way. Or at all Smile

Steve
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:05 am

LOL !!!!
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:46 am

"But honey... you see, I have this helmet cover so now I *must* purchase a uniform! I've got no choice!"

No the negative side, I have a wife that doesn't "accessorize" her clothing so I'm kinda doomed from the start because I can't use the old what's good for the good is good for the gander argument. On the plus side, I have a wife with no need of closet space Very Happy

Steve
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:29 pm

New information about who used UCP-D beyond 3-61 CAV...

I can confirm that at least some members of 20th SFG received UCP-D. From what I was told they were not issued in an official capacity (probably some horse trading with the 82nd) and they really liked them compared to standard UCP. At least where they were the brown component made a difference to them. Info came directly from 20th SFG soldier who wore UCP-D.

Steve
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:16 pm

I have seen pics of 25 ID wearing it as well .
    HoovieDude
    HoovieDude
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-04-04
    Number of posts : 351

Post by HoovieDude Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:08 pm

Yeah, Ive seen the pics of the SF guys wearing it too. No surprise there really. Haven't seen the 25th ID tho?
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:28 pm

I will see if I can find the pic again .
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:54 am

Yeah, that would be interesting to see 25 ID and to narrow down what unit within. If there are Strykers in the pic then it's going to be a one in four guess (3x Battalions and 1x RASTA Squadron) unless there's a distinctive emblem somewhere.

Steve
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:39 am

I was wrong it was 82nd airborne .
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:33 am

OK, that's the "normal" assignment for UCP-D. 3-61 CAV was assigned to 82nd Airborne for that rotation and that's what they wore for badging.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:26 am