IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

    Soviet era headgear

    RetroRedRio
    RetroRedRio
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Name : Rios
    Location : Chicago Land
    Registration date : 2010-10-30
    Number of posts : 32

    Soviet era headgear Empty Soviet era headgear

    Post by RetroRedRio Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:33 am

    This here is my collection of headgear from the Afghani conflict till the end of USSR period. So check it on out, I'm sure yall will be pleased. As yall will notice I will not have details for each item cause you're all Russian collectors and or fanatics, so yall should know this. Tho I will state that I haven't be collectin' for long so my item numbers isn't as mindblowin' as veteran collectors.
    On the other hand the same can't be said about my vaaaast FunK collection. Cause I got more beats than a beach got sand, ya dig afro

    Dates are stubbed, Ex: 89'

    KGB Black fleet bezkozyrka
    Soviet era headgear 100_0612
    Soviet era headgear 100_1410
    Left: Orig 87' Right: Repo
    Soviet era headgear 100_1411
    Soviet era headgear 100_1412
    Right: Orig 85' Left: Orig 90' Note: the cord with silver end goes to the grey 85' helmet
    Soviet era headgear 100_1413
    SSh-68 is a Repo but ushanka is Orig 82'
    Soviet era headgear 100_1414
    Left: Syriyka Orig 86'
    Soviet era headgear 100_1415
    Soviet era headgear 100_1416
    Soviet era headgear 100_1417
    Save the best for last! Very Happy !
    Soviet era headgear Pictur25
    Soviet era headgear Pictur26
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR


    Location : Illinois, USA
    Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

    Soviet era headgear Empty Re: Soviet era headgear

    Post by misanthropic_gods Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:35 am

    Great stuff...Soviet headgear has always been interesting. Some odd designs
    Soviet_Kazimir
    Soviet_Kazimir
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Name : Kazimir
    Age : 33
    Location : Malibu, CA
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 68

    Soviet era headgear Empty Re: Soviet era headgear

    Post by Soviet_Kazimir Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:56 am

    Your VDV beret to the left is in the modern Russian style. The VSR cap and panama you have are technically not Soviet era. Also the Berezerka pattern cap is not the Soviet style Spetsodezha cap worn by the KGB PV, instead it is a modern commercially produced item. Otherwise nice little collection you got!
    RetroRedRio
    RetroRedRio
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Name : Rios
    Location : Chicago Land
    Registration date : 2010-10-30
    Number of posts : 32

    Soviet era headgear Empty Re: Soviet era headgear

    Post by RetroRedRio Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:25 pm

    Soviet_Kazimir wrote:Your VDV beret to the left is in the modern Russian style. The VSR cap and panama you have are technically not Soviet era. Also the Berezerka pattern cap is not the Soviet style Spetsodezha cap worn by the KGB PV, instead it is a modern commercially produced item. Otherwise nice little collection you got!

    Actually the VSR is Soviet cause it was made in 1990 but handed out in mid-91'. The Soviets panama hat was influenced by the central american panama hat (not original name just a nickname that stuck) and came to use post WW1.
    Soviet_Kazimir
    Soviet_Kazimir
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Name : Kazimir
    Age : 33
    Location : Malibu, CA
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 68

    Soviet era headgear Empty Re: Soviet era headgear

    Post by Soviet_Kazimir Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:51 am

    Technically VSR isn't a Soviet pattern as I have only seen sets dated 1991 the last year of the Soviet Union. If the SU lasted longer sure it would of been issued but the reality is its really a post Soviet pattern. Almost all examples of VSR are 1992 and above,I am pretty sure your hats fall in that category. As for the panama I am well aware of its history I was just commenting that your VSR panama is a post Soviet item.
    RetroRedRio
    RetroRedRio
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Name : Rios
    Location : Chicago Land
    Registration date : 2010-10-30
    Number of posts : 32

    Soviet era headgear Empty Re: Soviet era headgear

    Post by RetroRedRio Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:03 am

    Soviet_Kazimir wrote:Technically VSR isn't a Soviet pattern as I have only seen sets dated 1991 the last year of the Soviet Union. If the SU lasted longer sure it would of been issued but the reality is its really a post Soviet pattern. Almost all examples of VSR are 1992 and above,I am pretty sure your hats fall in that category. As for the panama I am well aware of its history I was just commenting that your VSR panama is a post Soviet item.

    Well I'm not gonna debate any futher on the ownership of VSR pattern so I'll just leave it at that. Tho I did misread the VSR panama hat part. Well actually that boonie hat with the VSR pattern was the one to replace the Soviet panama hat. It was adopted from the usa & nato boonie style hats. I orderd an orig one not to long ago, so I'll post it once I get it.
    RetroRedRio
    RetroRedRio
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Name : Rios
    Location : Chicago Land
    Registration date : 2010-10-30
    Number of posts : 32

    Soviet era headgear Empty Re: Soviet era headgear

    Post by RetroRedRio Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:15 am

    My new orig Soviet boonie hat made in 91'
    Soviet era headgear Pictur27
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN


    Location : New England, US
    Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6586

    Soviet era headgear Empty Re: Soviet era headgear

    Post by CollectinSteve Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:16 pm

    Nice collection! You say the helmet is a "repro". What do you mean by that?

    Yeah, VSR is generally considered a Russian pattern. Although it was designed at the very end of the Soviet Union as far as I know it wasn't manufactured until after the Soviet Union ceased to exist. I suppose one could say it is a Soviet camouflage pattern, but the items themselves should be considered Russian since they were not produced by the Soviet state. Much the same way DDR items produced after the DDR collapsed are not thought of as DDR even though they were made in the same factories from the same materials by (probably) the same workers.

    Steve
    RetroRedRio
    RetroRedRio
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Name : Rios
    Location : Chicago Land
    Registration date : 2010-10-30
    Number of posts : 32

    Soviet era headgear Empty Re: Soviet era headgear

    Post by RetroRedRio Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:47 pm

    CollectinSteve wrote:Nice collection! You say the helmet is a "repro". What do you mean by that?

    Yeah, VSR is generally considered a Russian pattern. Although it was designed at the very end of the Soviet Union as far as I know it wasn't manufactured until after the Soviet Union ceased to exist. I suppose one could say it is a Soviet camouflage pattern, but the items themselves should be considered Russian since they were not produced by the Soviet state. Much the same way DDR items produced after the DDR collapsed are not thought of as DDR even though they were made in the same factories from the same materials by (probably) the same workers.

    It's a collectors thing to abbreviate words like repo., for repoduction and Orig. & vtg. for original & vintage.

    Good points but like I was saying I was only commenting on the pattern itself. Also like I was saying before VSR is soley a Soviet design because it was made in 1990. Tho there where only a handfull of uniforms made before the end of the USSR. It was first widley used and massproduced in 94' for the 1st Chechnya war. Tho I hear what you're sayin' with the DDR exsample.
    RetroRedRio
    RetroRedRio
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Name : Rios
    Location : Chicago Land
    Registration date : 2010-10-30
    Number of posts : 32

    Soviet era headgear Empty Re: Soviet era headgear

    Post by RetroRedRio Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:51 am

    Two new orig soviet headgear. The ushanka is size 58 as the other one is 60.

    Soviet era headgear 100_1510
    Soviet_Kazimir
    Soviet_Kazimir
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Name : Kazimir
    Age : 33
    Location : Malibu, CA
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 68

    Soviet era headgear Empty Re: Soviet era headgear

    Post by Soviet_Kazimir Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:33 am

    You mean the KLMK beret? Those are nice they usually come with the 2 piece KLMK sets that were made in the later half of the 80's. Some speculate it isn't really even meant to be worn as a beret and rather it was intended as a cover for visor caps.
    RetroRedRio
    RetroRedRio
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Name : Rios
    Location : Chicago Land
    Registration date : 2010-10-30
    Number of posts : 32

    Soviet era headgear Empty Re: Soviet era headgear

    Post by RetroRedRio Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:55 am

    Soviet_Kazimir wrote:You mean the KLMK beret? Those are nice they usually come with the 2 piece KLMK sets that were made in the later half of the 80's. Some speculate it isn't really even meant to be worn as a beret and rather it was intended as a cover for visor caps.

    No sar, I ment the ushanka from the previous pic is an size 60. Tho you're right about the orig use of the beret, mine was made in 78'. Pluse the beret was more for style cause then most everyone just used the facemask.

    Soviet era headgear Hs10

    Sponsored content


    Soviet era headgear Empty Re: Soviet era headgear

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:03 pm