IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Any pictures of Bulgarian forces in Bosnia/Kosovo with Splinter uniform?

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Any pictures of Bulgarian forces in Bosnia/Kosovo with Splinter uniform? Empty Any pictures of Bulgarian forces in Bosnia/Kosovo with Splinter uniform?

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:10 pm

I've got a 2001 dated Splinter uniform and a pile of badges. I want to make a uniform that is correct for a Peace Keeper in the Balkans. But I have had very little luck finding pictures that are useful for this purpose. Can anybody here help out?

Steve
    mcoleman762
    mcoleman762
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Mike
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Number of posts : 172

Any pictures of Bulgarian forces in Bosnia/Kosovo with Splinter uniform? Empty Re: Any pictures of Bulgarian forces in Bosnia/Kosovo with Splinter uniform?

Post by mcoleman762 Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi Steve,

There are a few decent photos in Special Ops Journal Vol. #5 that were taken in Kosovo during "Cooperative Best Effort" in 1998. None of them are close enough to really show insignia though, if that's what you're after. Decent shots of the uniforms, weapons, and fieldgear though. I don't have a scanner, but could try and photograph the photos and post them if you're interested.

Cheers,

Mike
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Any pictures of Bulgarian forces in Bosnia/Kosovo with Splinter uniform? Empty Re: Any pictures of Bulgarian forces in Bosnia/Kosovo with Splinter uniform?

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi Mike,

Yeah, it's the badging I'm after. Even confirmation of wearing badging would be good to have! I've only seen name/nation tapes and a KFOR (or IFOR, can't tell) badge on a winter jacket.

Steve
    KastroBg

Name : K. Todoroff
    Registration date : 2012-10-01
    Number of posts : 6

Post by KastroBg Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:21 pm

They didnt have badges on them Smile
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:52 pm

For sure that is the norm. However, I have some pictures that show badging towards the end of the use of Splinter uniforms. But the pictures aren't high resolution and that means I can't see the details. And I can't see if there is anything on the arms.

It saddens me there aren't thousands of pictures online like there are for Germany, Great Britain, and the US. I guess they have more digital cameras in their pockets Smile

Steve
    KastroBg

Post by KastroBg Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:57 am

If one of 30 works for you its fine, i am saying this because they were people trained for 3-4 mounths and sended there. Maybe 1 of 30 even 1 of 50 would have badges.
    And yes pretty much no pictures i have searched a lot but there arent any decent, so I just called a friend.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:29 pm

OK, that's good enough for me. If badging was that rare I don't want to put badging on any of my uniforms. However, now I need to do something with my bag of badges Sad

If you find decent pictures, please post!

Thanks,

Steve
    KastroBg

Post by KastroBg Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:24 pm

I was wondering how you get all this stuff and i searched a bit. It was amazing what stuff is out there for sale ... I was just about to share my finds and ... bam ... 7 days or more to share links ...
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:48 pm

Bulgarian stuff tends to be pretty expensive on eBay, but the items are there. I got my first set of Bulgarian splinter back in the late 1990s from Chris Remey (sp?). I bet a few of you also got sets from him.

Steve
    koalorka
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2010-05-22
    Number of posts : 1733

Post by koalorka Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:32 am

This one was from the late 1990s I believe:

Any pictures of Bulgarian forces in Bosnia/Kosovo with Splinter uniform? B000625n
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:35 am

Certainly wasn't the 1980s Very Happy Older type national shield, so probably early 1990s.

Nice picture. Really nice Greek LBV and equipment pouches.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 am