IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Vietnam ccn/ccs patches Real or fake

justinsalv
    justinsalv
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Justin
    Registration date : 2010-02-20
    Number of posts : 25

Vietnam ccn/ccs patches Real or fake Empty Vietnam ccn/ccs patches Real or fake

Post by justinsalv Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:52 pm

what do you guys think real?
    Vietnam ccn/ccs patches Real or fake 02041510
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Vietnam ccn/ccs patches Real or fake Empty Re: Vietnam ccn/ccs patches Real or fake

Post by filupe Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Insufficient information.

You would need to take close-up photos of EACH patch and also its rear. Then I would post them to USMF where there are a variety of hard core patch collectors (some of whom have written books about this subject). You would also need to explain where they came from i.e. veteran, fellow collector, gun show .. whatever. Generally, any patch whose ownership can't be traced to at least the late '70s (when the Vietnam War was still unpopular) I would deem as suspect.

Given the popularity of MACV-SOG patches and the fact that they have been faked since forever the likelihood that these are the real deal are ... slim.
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

Vietnam ccn/ccs patches Real or fake Empty Re: Vietnam ccn/ccs patches Real or fake

Post by zvez Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Yep agree, close up photos front and back, but more than likely fake.

Chris

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:29 pm