IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Russian Flora and VSR Camo Comparison

escammo
    escammo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Erick
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Number of posts : 165

Russian Flora and VSR Camo Comparison Empty Russian Flora and VSR Camo Comparison

Post by escammo Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:22 am

There are camouflage sites springing-up on the internet lately that claim to be fact based and accurate. I just wanted to point-out that some of the stuff posted on these sites is incorrect. Collectors need to be skeptical and must make sure that any statements made on these camo reference sites are backed-up by credible evidence.

Here is an example:

On one site the Russian Flora pattern is described as being developed simply by rotating and enlarging the Russian VSR pattern. This statement is parroted on a newer camo site without any reference or notes as to the source of this information.

Here are images of the VSR and Flora camo patterns. Both of these patterns repeat after approximately 17” in each direction and these photos capture the patterns in their entirety.

Russian Flora and VSR Camo Comparison Flora

Russian Flora and VSR Camo Comparison VSR

As you can see, the shapes of the VSR and Flora patterns are not the same. Flora is not just a horizontal VSR pattern.

It was very easy to check the accuracy of the Flora camo development statement and if goofy errors like this still get posted, I am sure that there is a lot more misinformation. And, as a collector of Soviet/Russian camo, I have found numerous errors on these sites.

So, be skeptical of what you read – some of these sites claim to be comprehensive and accurate but sometimes these “brainchild” sites can actually be considered brain dead. Laughing

No one really trusts the accuracy of Wikipedia over a real Encyclopedia! lol!

That is the benefit IACMC. Collectors come together to share photos and have open discussions about items in their collections. This all leads us to a very good understanding of the militaria we own.

Thanks,

Erick
    bloodsword
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-07-07
    Number of posts : 12

Russian Flora and VSR Camo Comparison Empty Re: Russian Flora and VSR Camo Comparison

Post by bloodsword Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:55 am

Yea, and the pattern in VSR is smaller than on Flora. There is some kind of a mixture in Ukraine where you mix the color from new Flora and shape from VSR. I have a bottle cover in this camouflage.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:12 am