IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Australian WW2 mid-late war web set

2ndAIF
    2ndAIF
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-10-22
    Number of posts : 146

Australian WW2  mid-late war web set  Empty Australian WW2 mid-late war web set

Post by 2ndAIF Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Hi thought I would post my Australian manufactured web set, this is a mid to late war type as worn in the Pacific, all components are made in 1943 except the e-tool carrier and the canteen carrier which are dated 1944 and 1945, note the style of canteen carrier and the blanket roll straps which are uniquely Australian.
    Australian WW2  mid-late war web set  DSCF9821Large

Details of the canteen carrier, note the hooks on the back so the canteen could also be carried attached to the belt...
    FRONT
    Australian WW2  mid-late war web set  DSCF9956Large
    BACK
    Australian WW2  mid-late war web set  DSCF9957Large

The bed roll straps, basically just a set of 08 valise straps with an extra buckle added which attaches to the braces so the bed roll can be carried, which is usually half a blanket and mosquito net inside a ground sheet
    Australian WW2  mid-late war web set  DSCF9959Large
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Australian WW2  mid-late war web set  Empty Re: Australian WW2 mid-late war web set

Post by filupe Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:13 am

Nice set, and well laid out! Congrats.
    2ndAIF
    2ndAIF
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-10-22
    Number of posts : 146

Australian WW2  mid-late war web set  Empty Re: Australian WW2 mid-late war web set

Post by 2ndAIF Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:01 am

Thanks mate I love the Aussie 43 version of the patt 37 webbing, Im still trying to find a decent pair of the large basic pouches though, they seem to have all but dried up these days

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 am