IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Question regarding WWII repro uniforms

DS9ACU
    DS9ACU
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-07-15
    Number of posts : 530

Question regarding WWII repro uniforms Empty Question regarding WWII repro uniforms

Post by DS9ACU Sun May 01, 2011 12:01 am

Hello, I'm looking for relatively cheap repro WWII uniforms for a movie I am filming. The really hard ones are the German tunics. Would anyone happen to know a good source for them, anything under 50 for a uniform or around there? Thanks.
    2ndAIF
    2ndAIF
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-10-22
    Number of posts : 146

Question regarding WWII repro uniforms Empty Re: Question regarding WWII repro uniforms

Post by 2ndAIF Sun May 01, 2011 12:08 am

Have you tried looking for a movie hire place? Might be a cheaper option, If they have them here in Australia theyre bound to have some in the US
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-07-31
    Number of posts : 164

Question regarding WWII repro uniforms Empty Re: Question regarding WWII repro uniforms

Post by Sarge Mon May 09, 2011 3:43 am

The only thing you'll find for "under 50 (I presume $50)" would be east German and they are totaly wrong and basicly can not be modified to look right.
    I agree look for a source that rents movie props. There are quite a few around over the US. Start by contakting your state movie promotion people.
    One other possibility is to contakt WW 2 reenactment groups around the east coast and hire fully uniformed and equiped soldiers. Probably cost you $150/200 per guy, but you wouldn't need to furnish anything.
    Sarge
    DS9ACU
    DS9ACU
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by DS9ACU Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:31 pm

I'm trying to make a look alike German SS M32 uniform, getting the ribbons and ranks shouldn't be to hard but I don't know what to do for the actual jacket and pants. For the brimmed hat I could get an East German hat bend it down and dye it black (a really common one, no altering rare things here). Any suggestions as to what type of uniform?
    DS9ACU
    DS9ACU
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by DS9ACU Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:07 am

Bumping this back up. I got about 10 "German uniforms". Their actually post war Swiss dress jackets that look almost identical to the German m36 uniforms, a few additions and adjustments and they will be perfect.

I'll post a few pictures in the coming days.

I only need some US uniforms (Parson's jacket, m41, m43 etc). I want to try to find a few for under $50 a set.
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2010-02-02
    Number of posts : 1086

Post by kammo-man Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:03 am

you are out of your mind .

DS9ACU
    DS9ACU
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by DS9ACU Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:12 am

For reproductions? I saw a few of them on ebay for about that price. And I'm sure there are some chinese repros floating around.
    Corpl. Cleaver
    Corpl. Cleaver

Name : Tyler
    Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 323

Post by Corpl. Cleaver Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:48 pm

yeah, there are Chinese repros out there, most of which are poor copys and cost more than $50.
    Good luck man, you will need it.

"Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for a friend." -John 15:13

RIP Lester Scheaffer, KIA September 12th 1944. 29th Infantry Division.

A member of The Ill Tempered Men

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 pm