IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Gemini
filupe
nkomo
Capitol Camo
AndrewA74
RTS
ADMIN
11 posters

Delta Force Display from Just Cause-Museum Pictures (originally posted by nkomo)

ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 247

Delta Force Display from Just Cause-Museum Pictures (originally posted by nkomo) Empty Delta Force Display from Just Cause-Museum Pictures (originally posted by nkomo)

Post by ADMIN Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:23 pm

Here are some pictures of a display in the US Airborne and Special Operations Museum in Fayetteville, North Carolina. This depicts the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (1st SFOD-D) troops (commonly known as Delta Force) assulting the Carcel Modelo Priosn during Operation Just Cause to rescue US citizen Kurt Muse. Kurt Muse was supposedly working with the US CIA to discredit General Manuel Noriega. Noriega got very upset about this and had him arrested and thrown into a jail cell. The rescue of Kurt Muse was left up to Delta. Hope you enjoy the pics.
    Arch

Delta Force Display from Just Cause-Museum Pictures (originally posted by nkomo) Delta110

Delta Force Display from Just Cause-Museum Pictures (originally posted by nkomo) Delta410

Delta Force Display from Just Cause-Museum Pictures (originally posted by nkomo) Delta_10

Delta Force Display from Just Cause-Museum Pictures (originally posted by nkomo) Delta_11
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Delta Force Display from Just Cause-Museum Pictures (originally posted by nkomo) Empty Re: Delta Force Display from Just Cause-Museum Pictures (originally posted by nkomo)

Post by ADMIN Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:24 pm

If you notice on the pictures, the mannequins are wearing modified US Vietnam era jungle jackets and US jungle boots. Can anyone identify the webgear they are using?
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Delta Force Display from Just Cause-Museum Pictures (originally posted by nkomo) Empty Re: Delta Force Display from Just Cause-Museum Pictures (originally posted by nkomo)

Post by ADMIN Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:25 pm

Here is a link detailing Operation Acid Gambit.
    Operation Acid gambit
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by ADMIN Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:25 pm

Here is a link detailing Operation Acid Gambit.
    Operation Acid gambit
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by ADMIN Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:27 pm

Those are some really nice photos....just the kind of museum worth visiting!!!!!
    PS I would love to have that display in my garage Wink Sorry I cannot help you out with identifying the webgear.
    Steven

Last edited by Admin on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by ADMIN Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:27 pm

Steven,
    I don't think the Little Bird would fit in the garage! It might fit in mine though. However, my wife would probably pitch a fit about it. Kind of hard to say you bought something like that off of Ebay for $5, huh? Just kidding.
    Arch
    RTS
    RTS
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2009-04-06
    Number of posts : 47

Post by RTS Sun May 24, 2009 2:56 am

That museum is a definite must-do on anybody's list. I spent all day there and could still
    go back for more. An enormous plus is the large number of veterans walking through the museum
    and on staff...definately enlightening to hear from veterans of what you're looking at in a
    display about 'how it was'.
    AndrewA74
    AndrewA74

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 930

Post by AndrewA74 Sun May 24, 2009 9:36 pm

Yeah, it's a very good place. I like the interviews on the field phones they have set up on the wall there beside the wall.
    Andrew
    Capitol Camo
    Capitol Camo
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Matt
    Registration date : 2009-08-06
    Number of posts : 57

Post by Capitol Camo Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:06 pm

I remember this night well.
    We was there when the Delta chopper crashed.
    Noone had a clue it was Delta.
    Course there was alot that went on down there that we know and don't know.
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:09 am

Matt,
    Welcome aboard!!!! Have you seen my modified jungle jacket? Same type as in the Special Operations Museum in Ft. Bragg.

https://iacmc.forumotion.com/modified-uniforms-gear-f191/modified-jungle-jacket-operation-acid-gambit-t748.htm

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:38 pm

ADMIN wrote:If you notice on the pictures, the mannequins are wearing modified US Vietnam era jungle jackets and US jungle boots. Can anyone identify the webgear they are using?

Looks like one guy (the corner sniper with the M-21 and night sight(?)) has a custom rig built upon an USAF SRU-21P Survival Vest. I can see a canteen cover sewn on that has been modified with the addition of a strobe pouch.
    Gemini
    Gemini
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : clayton
    Registration date : 2011-08-26
    Number of posts : 305

Post by Gemini Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:15 pm

I saw a show about them on the history channal.Why where they wearing vietnam clothing?
    treetop
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-10-17
    Number of posts : 17

Post by treetop Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:22 pm

This is a wonderful display. You can put on headphones at the side of the display and listen to the actual radio transmissions the team made during the rescue. I still go to the museum at least once per month.
    tenewel
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-07-26
    Number of posts : 132

Post by tenewel Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:32 pm

filupe wrote:
    ADMIN wrote:If you notice on the pictures, the mannequins are wearing modified US Vietnam era jungle jackets and US jungle boots. Can anyone identify the webgear they are using?

Looks like one guy (the corner sniper with the M-21 and night sight(?)) has a custom rig built upon an USAF SRU-21P Survival Vest. I can see a canteen cover sewn on that has been modified with the addition of a strobe pouch.

Night sight is a Simrad. It's mounted atop the normal day optic and feeds into the day optic from the front. Allows the regular day sight to be used without removal.
    Tyler Flint
    Tyler Flint
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Username is the same hahahaha
    Registration date : 2011-11-14
    Number of posts : 296

Post by Tyler Flint Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:21 pm

Some days I wished I lived in the states................. But then Id be missin my pancakes and syrup eh!
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3120

Post by Philip Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:48 pm

From the number of posts you've posted so far I assume you like our forum Smile
    But your next post should be in the introduction thread.
    thanks!

Tyler Flint
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Username is the same hahahaha
    Registration date : 2011-11-14
    Number of posts : 296

Post by Tyler Flint Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:04 pm

Can DO Smile (Eccpt this post) Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:45 am