IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
mcoleman762
nkomo
6 posters

ANC AK Chest Pouch

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

ANC AK Chest Pouch Empty ANC AK Chest Pouch

Post by nkomo Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:59 pm

Just got this interesting chest rig in today. This is was captured in South Africa from an ANC soldier (Umkhonto we Sizwe or Spear of the Nation). This is a very unusual chest rig because it is made in Albania! I have never seen an Albanian AK chest pouch before. Holds 3 AK magazines and 4 grenades. However, I think at least one of the smaller pouches may be for a cleaning kit or an oiler. This will look good displayed with my ANC woodland set I bought off of CollectinSteve!!!!

ANC AK Chest Pouch Pictur73
    ANC AK Chest Pouch Pictur74

Last edited by nkomo on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

ADMIN
    ADMIN

ANC AK Chest Pouch Empty Re: ANC AK Chest Pouch

Post by nkomo Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:00 am

ANC AK Chest Pouch Pictur75
    ANC AK Chest Pouch Pictur76

Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Mike
    Registration date : 2009-02-18
    Number of posts : 172

Post by mcoleman762 Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:06 pm

Very cool! Albania eh? That sure is a strange one! I'm amazed the thing still has the manufaturer tag. Real neat piece. Interesting they used plastic for the toggles instead of wood like most countries used.
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:19 pm

mcoleman762 wrote:Very cool! Albania eh? That sure is a strange one! I'm amazed the thing still has the manufaturer tag. Real neat piece. Interesting they used plastic for the toggles instead of wood like most countries used.

Thanks for the positive comments Mike! Very Happy I have very few pieces from the ANC armed wing. This was a real treat for me to pick up. I have plenty of captured terr items from Angola, South-West Africa, Mozambique, and Rhodesia.....but have only a handful of items from South Africa. That is why I jumped on this piece. Furthermore, I have never seen another Albanian AK chest pouch before.

For the price I paid, I only spent about $5 more than you would for a plain-jane Chinese version. As far as the platic toggles go, they used the same kind on their SKS pouches as well. A few years back, one of the gun companies imported a handful of Albanian SKS's aong with their accessories. The SKS bandoliers used to be somewhat common to find, but have long since dried up and disppeared into private collections. As far as I know, none of the Albanian AK chest pouches were ever imported into the US.
    Arch

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 930

Post by AndrewA74 Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:41 pm

On a side note, about the toggles, I'm pretty sure the Saddam Iraqis used plastic toggles.
    Andrew
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Post by Mercenary25 Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:59 pm

Looks like a copy of Chinese chest rig. In a lot of third world areas, militias use this type of vest because it is affordable for them.

ANC AK Chest Pouch Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:29 pm

Mercenary25 wrote:Looks like a copy of Chinese chest rig. In a lot of third world areas, militias use this type of vest because it is affordable for them.

Very astute observations Merc. The Albanians copied a lot of their equipment and (to a certain degree) their firearms from the Chinese. Not only is it affordable to them, it is also very functional and durable.

In resposne to Drew's comment about some of the Iraqi versions having plastic toggles....he is 100% correct as well. However, most AK chest rigs do have wooden toggles like Mike said.

Registration date : 2011-10-26
    Number of posts : 3

Post by ОКП Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:15 pm

AndrewA74 wrote:On a side note, about the toggles, I'm pretty sure the Saddam Iraqis used plastic toggles.
    Andrew

It is indeed a copy of the chinese Chest pouch.
    Note that China had close relation with albania from 1958 till 1978,influencing the uniforms,equipment and weapons (Albania produced its own copies of Chinese SKS and Chinese AK/type 56)
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:37 pm

Missed this one . Nice pouch Arch !!!
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:59 pm

Miseed your comment too, Steve! Laughing Thanks!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:21 pm