IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Chinese Militaria: Fakes/Copies vs Official/Issued

DS9ACU
    DS9ACU
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-07-15
    Number of posts : 530

Chinese Militaria: Fakes/Copies vs Official/Issued Empty Chinese Militaria: Fakes/Copies vs Official/Issued

Post by DS9ACU Sat May 26, 2012 8:52 pm

I don't mean to offend anyone but China is in the business of copying many things; from movies to cars to toys they are infamous for it. Their military items are no exception. So I thought we could have a thread to identify the differences between real and fake that can instantly identify a real vs a copy.

I have three uniforms: a Tibetian Flecktarn uniform that has been proven to be a copy, a Chinese airborne uniform that currently I have my doubts about, and a tigerstripe uniform that I also am a bit wary of.

I look on eBay every now and again at Chinese militaria but I really can't tell as the items prices vary and the pictures are are a bit odd. It's just confusing.

So what are the differences. I'm not that familiar with Chinese militaria but I have heard something about the stamp on the inside. Other than that I really don't know.

So hopefully anyone who is knowledgeable in the area can shed some light on it by either providing a source for real militaria or info on how to identify a real vs repro.
    octoberrust
    octoberrust
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2010-02-09
    Number of posts : 51

Chinese Militaria: Fakes/Copies vs Official/Issued Empty Re: Chinese Militaria: Fakes/Copies vs Official/Issued

Post by octoberrust Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:30 am

Yes, I agree with you
    There are many many commercial version and copy in china Mad scratch
    If need to identify that , I will do my best to do
    Cheers

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:53 pm