IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Australian Ribbon rack...need help in finding the recipient

AMA713

Registration date : 2012-08-29
    Number of posts : 2

Australian Ribbon rack...need help in finding the recipient Empty Australian Ribbon rack...need help in finding the recipient

Post by AMA713 Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Hello everyone,

I recently won this ribbon rack on ebay a couple of weeks ago...Needless to say, it's an impressive ribbon rack, as it shows that the owner was a 3 war veteran, an officer, and someone who saw quite a bit of action. I was able to identify all but one ribbon, 2nd from the left in the bottom row. My main question is, based on how unique this rack is, is it possible to link the officer with the rack? What would a rack like this be worth as I'm not familiar with Australian militaria? If anyone could help me identify the original owner of this rack it would be very much appreciated!!!!

The awards from left to right are:

1st row
    -Order of Australia (officer's grade)
    -MBE (military version)
    -Distinguished Service Order

2nd Row
    -Military Cross
    -39-45 Star
    -Africa Star
    -Pacific Star

3rd Row
    -Italy Star
    -The Defence Medal
    -39-45 War Medal
    -Australian 39-45 War Medal

4th Row
    -Vietnam Medal
    -?
    -National Medal
    -Vietnam Campaign Medal

Alex

(P.S.- I apologize in advance for the inverted pictures)

Australian Ribbon rack...need help in finding the recipient $%28KGrHqR,!lgF!Zs2C9vrBQL,5djovg~~60_57

Australian Ribbon rack...need help in finding the recipient $T2eC16FHJI!E9qSO8J!6BQL,5ieKwg~~60_57
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Australian Ribbon rack...need help in finding the recipient Empty Re: Australian Ribbon rack...need help in finding the recipient

Post by filupe Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Out of my league. Perhaps try emailing the Australian War Memorial. Can you please post an introduction of yourself in the intro section? Thanks in advance.
    Albano
    Albano
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-02
    Number of posts : 236

Australian Ribbon rack...need help in finding the recipient Empty Re: Australian Ribbon rack...need help in finding the recipient

Post by Albano Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:35 am

The one you missing out seems like the 1953 Queen Elizabeth Coronation medal but i'm no expert on medals and awards so could be something else

Best regards

filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:27 am

Yeah, I'd also go for the 1953 Queen Elizabeth Coronation medal as the unidentified ribbon. According to Wikipedia 11,561 Australians were awarded this medal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:59 am