IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Storage and display ideas wanted!

sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

Storage and display ideas wanted! Empty Storage and display ideas wanted!

Post by sobota Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:00 pm

Hello all, i'm very quickly running out of space to store all my kit, and i was wondering how everyone else stores and/or displays their collection, i'm looking for inspiration to make the most of the space ive got otherwise i might have to start downscaling (something i *really* dont want to have to do!).

Any and all comments welcome!

-George.
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

Storage and display ideas wanted! Empty Re: Storage and display ideas wanted!

Post by zvez Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:31 pm

When I was uniform collecting, I had a couple torsos and one mannequin, I'd rotate uniforms on those and then keep the others in closet/boxes
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6940

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi George!

We have a full section devoted to this thorny topic. You can view all the posts here:

https://iacmc.forumotion.com/f49-display-storage-preservation-tips

I've moved your thread to this area. There's lots of good ideas and pictures of what solutions people have come up with. It is definitely a no-one-idea-fits-all-needs area of collecting.

Years ago I took some time to write down my experiences with building storage/display areas for my collection, complete with dimensional and materials suggestions:

https://iacmc.forumotion.com/t4741-hanging-uniform-construction-tips

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:53 am