IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Philip
bajiman55
6 posters

Spetsnaz camo, or commercial copy?

bajiman55
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Yehoshua
    Registration date : 2010-04-02
    Number of posts : 55

Spetsnaz camo, or commercial copy? Empty Spetsnaz camo, or commercial copy?

Post by bajiman55 Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:26 am

Spetsnaz camo, or commercial copy? Rus_un10Spetsnaz camo, or commercial copy? Rus_ja10Spetsnaz camo, or commercial copy? Rus_ja11Spetsnaz camo, or commercial copy? Rus_pa10Spetsnaz camo, or commercial copy? Rus_pa11Spetsnaz camo, or commercial copy? Rus_pa12
    What the heck is the strange leg pocket with the cover on it for? The word costume in russian in the label makes me think this might be commercial. The mesh in the crotch and armpits seems weird also. Anybody know for sure if it's commercial? Maybe costume just means uniform. After all I can read cyrillic letters but I don't understand the language well. Even if it is commercial, does anybody know what type of patches and stuff that goes on one of these? Maybe some pictures?
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3117

Spetsnaz camo, or commercial copy? Empty Re: Spetsnaz camo, or commercial copy?

Post by Philip Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:14 am

It is commercial but the Russians use lots of that stuff.

panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:01 am

What Philip said , they use whatever is available, be it issue or private purchase , some whole units do group buy of commercial items if they need it .
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:22 pm

I have this exact set! lol!
    Everyone else beat me to it...it's commercial production, but it is very common to see Russian units using private-purchase commercial items.

As for the weird snap-pocket, the original design was to house a survival knife. (Or as rumour has it, when worn by Spetsnaz, to hold that ultra-cool ballistic knife) Cool

The mesh in the crotch and armpits is there to help provide ventilation and promote increased air flow through those areas when the wearer gets heated up.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Sarbaz
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-02-20
    Number of posts : 234

Post by Sarbaz Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:33 am

Your suit is a modern copy of the special suit of the troop exploring USSR sample 1972. This special suit carried the sleng-name "mabuta". One of the particularities of this suit was a special pocket for knife which cuts the ropes of the parachute. The Nets on sleeve and trousers served for ventilation - they were carried in suit "mabuta" in 1981. With disinteration USSR issue of the suit "mabuta" stopped.
    You may search for in Internete material about this suit.

Your suit is a copy but is powerfully changed. The Material became worse. The Buttons others. Fabrics is made camo colour schemes which You name KLMK or digital or berezka or Soviet Union Bicolor or Soviet Union Stair Step 1 (Computer) You also can look at this camouflage in Internete. He never was used on suit "mabuta". The Belt trousers also differs.
    This suit commercial. I do not think that he has a broad using in armies. Sooner its buy the huntsmans and fishermans. Its does company "REKS-DIZAYN" On suit is written "suit-year" name "specnaz-7" size 58, growing 5, pat 100%. The Company is located in Moscow.
    We Ask to excuse for my bad english
    bajiman55
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Yehoshua
    Registration date : 2010-04-02
    Number of posts : 55

Post by bajiman55 Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:14 am

Thank you. Your English is fine. It's good to have someone here who can read russian well so that I can know what is written in uniforms like this.
    Sarbaz
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-02-20
    Number of posts : 234

Post by Sarbaz Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:14 am

You always can address to me. I with pleasure shall render aid in questions concerning soviet uniform and little - in questions concerning russian Smile
    revolver pablo
    revolver pablo
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2010-04-28
    Number of posts : 66

Post by revolver pablo Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:48 am

Rex Designs suit m7 in spetso camo!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:13 am