IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Martin
Camonut314
saltefanden
tlundberg1
8 posters

Camo Pattern Deconstruction / Guess the Pattern (1)

Martin
    Martin
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Martin
    Registration date : 2009-06-25
    Number of posts : 932

Camo Pattern Deconstruction / Guess the Pattern (1) - Page 2 Empty Re: Camo Pattern Deconstruction / Guess the Pattern (1)

Post by Martin Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:59 pm

Camonut314 wrote:Funny, if it weren't for that fourth lime green color, I would guess Yugoslavian Branches. As it is, the lack of a black color should be a dead giveaway, but this is pretty hard. How about Hungarian "Leaf" camo?

That's close enough - you got it first go! 1970s Hungarian Workers Militia suit in the Green Variation Oakleaf Type 2:

Camo Pattern Deconstruction / Guess the Pattern (1) - Page 2 Colours1_zpsytfe5m1r

Camo Pattern Deconstruction / Guess the Pattern (1) - Page 2 B_0_0_0_10_images_Images_Eastern_Europe_Hungary_Oakleaf_Type_2_Green_Variation_1978_Oakleaf_Type_2_Green_Variation_jacket_IM_zpszmzk7ril

Link: http://camouniforms.net/index.php/eastern-europe/hungary/oakleaf-type-2-green-variation
    tlundberg1
    tlundberg1
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2014-04-03
    Number of posts : 405

Camo Pattern Deconstruction / Guess the Pattern (1) - Page 2 Empty Re: Camo Pattern Deconstruction / Guess the Pattern (1)

Post by tlundberg1 Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:57 pm

Sad   By the time I saw this posting, I didn't get a chance to guess!

Another good game, Martin!  I'll have to come up with another version to play.
    Martin
    Martin
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Martin Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:21 am

Yeah Camonut lived up to his name and was too quick off the mark....... Wink

Waiting for the next puzzle... never thought camo could be such fun and games........... Very Happy
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6959

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:02 am

Fun thread!

That mystery uniform was made in Pakistan for sure, but I also have never seen it confirmed with certainty who (if anybody) wore it. It dates from at least 2003.

Steve
    Martin
    Martin
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Martin Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:07 am

drmatz wrote:US "square" pattern?  Smile

Not everyone is so lucky to have an example of this so I wouldn't know what it looks like............ Wink Wink Wink Wink
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:09 am

Here's one for you all:

Camo Pattern Deconstruction / Guess the Pattern (1) - Page 2 DSC02653_zpsf087cc42

Steve
    Martin
    Martin
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Martin Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:11 am

I reckon I know it.. well one out of three patterns I have in mind... but I'm gonna wait for someone else to narrow it down first...
    Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2011-12-12

Post by Camonut314 Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:34 am

I may have no life, but I need to sleep sometime, I will deal with this in the morning, if it has not been solved by then!
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

Post by saltefanden Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:14 am

I'll have a go; is it the early, Latvian desert pattern, close to the U.S. tri-color desert?
    saltefanden
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

Post by saltefanden Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:17 am

Oh bugger, on second inspection Steve's sample has four colors... Embarassed
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:55 pm

But you are close Very Happy

Steve
    drmatz
    drmatz

Name : danilo matz
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 2103

Post by drmatz Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:23 pm

i was thinking hungary desert... but couldnt match Sad latvia was my 2nd guess but than i realized is only a 3 colros as well... so ronny we had same guess Smile

Considering steve's focus is mainly europe i would guesss europe...

http://picasaweb.google.com/danilomatz
    drmatz
    drmatz

Post by drmatz Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:23 pm

i was thinking hungary desert... but couldnt match Sad latvia was my 2nd guess but than i realized is only a 3 colros as well... so ronny we had same guess Smile

Considering steve's focus is mainly europe i would guesss europe...

Martin
    Martin
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Martin Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:07 pm

My guess is Iraqi Army 36th Commando and Counter-Terrorist forces Desert Camo made in Lithuania.
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:17 pm

Martin wrote:My guess is Iraqi Army 36th Commando and Counter-Terrorist forces Desert Camo made in Lithuania.
    Seconded.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by Camonut314 Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:02 pm

All three entered my thought process, and I third the notion of Iraqi, however I could not find the matching elements.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:49 am

Martin wins the virtual prize Smile  It is indeed Iraqi special forces.  There's two variants of the pattern, the earlier of the two (this one) definitely produced in Lithuania.  I don't know where the other variant was made.

Well played!

Now, for a little more challenging one:

Camo Pattern Deconstruction / Guess the Pattern (1) - Page 2 DSC03921_zpsd2f55e89

Steve
    Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by Camonut314 Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:35 am

Bangladesh?
    drmatz
    drmatz

Post by drmatz Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:28 pm

some romanian variant of the m1990's?

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:44 am

VERY quick on the draw, Camonut314. You got it!

Steve
    drmatz
    drmatz

Post by drmatz Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:36 pm

i wouldnt think you'd post the non european patterns Smile

great conclusion!

Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by Camonut314 Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:58 pm

I had some vague recollection of that pattern somewhere in my reptilian brain.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:24 pm

drmatz wrote:i wouldnt think you'd post the non european patterns Smile

I documented all the patterns I purged before I sent them to new homes. Ironically, I do not have many of my retained patterns documented. Mostly only those that have arrived within the last year. So out of the nearly 500 patterns I have taken pictures of, probably less than 100 of them are still in my collection. It is a lot of work that I someday must do!

Steve
    tlundberg1
    tlundberg1
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2014-04-03

Post by tlundberg1 Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:35 pm

Here's a new variation on the game - more "fun with photoshop".  I was inspired by my "Bright Color Patterns" posting to re-color an actual pattern with bright colors - can you tell what actual pattern this is this based upon?

Camo Pattern Deconstruction / Guess the Pattern (1) - Page 2 Bright%20recolor_zpsjcbrlat4
    Martin
    Martin
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Martin Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:27 pm

I'll have a go - Chinese Woodland?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:38 pm