IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

1st Version of Rhodesian Brushstroke

KommandoPost
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-02-02
    Number of posts : 87

1st Version of Rhodesian Brushstroke Empty 1st Version of Rhodesian Brushstroke

Post by KommandoPost Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:08 pm

Here's my set that's in new condition as far as I can tell.

1st Version of Rhodesian Brushstroke Jacket11
    1st Version of Rhodesian Brushstroke Jacket12
    1st Version of Rhodesian Brushstroke Jacket13
    1st Version of Rhodesian Brushstroke Pants_10
    1st Version of Rhodesian Brushstroke Pants_11
    1st Version of Rhodesian Brushstroke Pants_12

The pants are in a darker, heavier, and stiffer fabric than the jacket which feels like the twill in the later shirts. The dye on the pants almost feels painted on as opposed to soaked through. Was a jacket ever made in the same fabric/dye combination as the pants? I've been told that this early version fades very quickly and translucently, but the jacket looks to be printed the same way as other camouflaged jackets with the dye soaked into the cloth.
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

1st Version of Rhodesian Brushstroke Empty Re: 1st Version of Rhodesian Brushstroke

Post by zvez Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:20 am

There's an earlier version of the jacket that came out as a jacket only and base color was more of a yellow.It came out ca. 1964 and think the RLI were the first guys to get it. I had one many years ago but sold it to a collector in Japan. Side by side the difference is substantial.

The pants look a bit strange. Of the dozens of Rhod camo I've had over the years, I don't recall seeing one with that type of label. The waste and button section also seems a bit wider, and the fabric looks to stiff. I'm wondering if this is a repro? (the pants)

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:41 pm