IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Weird Garand belt, alu-leather flap closures

michelwijnand
    michelwijnand
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Name : Michel Wijnand
    Registration date : 2016-11-09
    Number of posts : 795

Weird Garand belt, alu-leather flap closures Empty Weird Garand belt, alu-leather flap closures

Post by michelwijnand Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:35 pm

Just bought this weird Garand belt, but what do I have here, French maybe? Could be something else entirely, which is why I posted it here in the ID section.

The material used reminds me of the TAP50-53 pouches for the MAS rifle, really thin material.
    Other features are weird alu-leather closures, a bridge in the center of the male side of the buckle and an unintelligible name written inside.

Weird Garand belt, alu-leather flap closures Dsc00816
    Weird Garand belt, alu-leather flap closures Dsc00814
    Weird Garand belt, alu-leather flap closures Dsc00815
    Weird Garand belt, alu-leather flap closures Dsc00818
    Weird Garand belt, alu-leather flap closures Dsc00817
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

Weird Garand belt, alu-leather flap closures Empty Re: Weird Garand belt, alu-leather flap closures

Post by Wolverine Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:30 pm

I think it might be Spanish.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Weird Garand belt, alu-leather flap closures Empty Re: Weird Garand belt, alu-leather flap closures

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:42 am

I agree with Andrew. This looks very much like a Spanish item, perhaps Marines.

If you're looking for someone to give it a new home, I have a nice place for it in the room next to me Smile

Steve
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Post by Wolverine Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:49 pm

I have posted a similar belt in grey web somewhere in the Spanish thread.
    michelwijnand
    michelwijnand
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Name : Michel Wijnand
    Registration date : 2016-11-09
    Number of posts : 795

Post by michelwijnand Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:38 pm

That might be right, I do have some pics of Spanish pouches and similar ammobelts with alu closures, but those aren't in the middle of the flap, but close through a separate ribbon below the actual flap.
    Still, there's some details that really check out, like the material I see on some Spanish stuff, and the big weird looking eyelets.

I'll be keeping it though, I have a thing for cheap weird unknown things Razz
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Post by Wolverine Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:54 pm

There is a pretty wide variation in the details of the Spanish stuff, but this one seems to fit the general pattern.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:33 pm

As Andrew said, there is a large variety of Spanish equipment.  Not only because of the amount of time, but also because the different branches had their own styles until very recently.

I'm happy to know it has a nice home Smile

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:44 am