IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Potentially genuine OPFOR Blue DPM Trousers

Bovril
    Bovril

Name : Dan
    Registration date : 2021-02-07
    Number of posts : 6

Potentially genuine OPFOR Blue DPM Trousers Empty Potentially genuine OPFOR Blue DPM Trousers

Post by Bovril Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:00 pm

Hello, I recently grabbed these heavily worn trousers off of Ebay, they're torn up a bit and missing the button at the waist, but it only cost a fiver (and 2/3 of that was the postage). I've been looking for any bit of genuine Blue DPM for a while now and this is the closed thing I've come across so far. I can't say for sure if its the real deal or not though, the label's blank and there's a couple of inconsistencies in the design when I compare it to photos on the internet.
    Here's an overview shot:
    Potentially genuine OPFOR Blue DPM Trousers Img_6610
    The first inconsistency is an additional layer sowed on to the knees that doesn't seem to be present on any British DPM or MTP trousers I found on the internet:
    Potentially genuine OPFOR Blue DPM Trousers Img_6611
    The second is the rounded section of fabric over the back that isn't typical either:
    Potentially genuine OPFOR Blue DPM Trousers Img_6612

The material feels right, the smell is certainly what you'd expect and even the buttons seem to be correct, at least the ones still there, but these two features do confuse me somewhat. Any help to properly identify these would be appreciated!
    HEB
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2018-10-27
    Number of posts : 222

Potentially genuine OPFOR Blue DPM Trousers Empty Re: Potentially genuine OPFOR Blue DPM Trousers

Post by HEB Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:53 pm

the cut seems to be the usual Miltec BDU cut!?

it differs a lite bit, but could be anthoer time period?

https://www.amazon.de/Mil-Tec-BDU-Kampfhose-DPM/dp/B00NFNNQG4
    Bovril
    Bovril

Potentially genuine OPFOR Blue DPM Trousers Empty Re: Potentially genuine OPFOR Blue DPM Trousers

Post by Bovril Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:11 pm

It certainly seems to be the closest style I’ve seen, but there’s no example of a blue DPM version of it that I can find. I can’t find a mil tec label on it anywhere, however the left pocket was torn off a bit precisely where I believe one aught to be.
    I suppose it could an old and out of manufacture variant or maybe a test batch.
    LeeKitchen1975
    LeeKitchen1975
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Name : Lee
    Registration date : 2012-09-11
    Number of posts : 553

Post by LeeKitchen1975 Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:38 pm

Commercial I guess or Middle East? Some pics below of Blue kitPotentially genuine OPFOR Blue DPM Trousers 43805c10
    Potentially genuine OPFOR Blue DPM Trousers 3f8c1610
    Potentially genuine OPFOR Blue DPM Trousers Ab0b3810
    LeeKitchen1975
    LeeKitchen1975
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by LeeKitchen1975 Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:39 pm

I have a set of trousers, shorts and a crap hat...only piece I don’t have is the PCS shirt.
    Bovril
    Bovril

Post by Bovril Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:33 pm

Would you say it's the same material? I'm wondering if it might have been made specifically to resemble the official blue kit rather than being one of the Middle Easten DPM clones.
    LeeKitchen1975
    LeeKitchen1975
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by LeeKitchen1975 Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:03 pm

Hi bud, there are a few sellers selling fabric and I have seen some of it, looking at the trousers quality wise don’t seem to match that of the issued garments. The quality of the issued OPFOR kit, I haven’t found or seen material of that quality on the net as yet... they are produced by Coneen Defence LTD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:32 am