IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn

michelwijnand
    michelwijnand
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Name : Michel Wijnand
    Registration date : 2016-11-09
    Number of posts : 795

My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Empty My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn

Post by michelwijnand Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:47 pm

Finally found a substantial part of the uniform parts in the official issue stuff in this camo, so not the commercially made private purchase stuff like from Sabre.

First a tropical hat.

My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Dsc08125
    My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Dsc08126
    My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Dsc08128
    My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Dsc08127

Then a combat jacket, I actually though Leo Kohler only made commercial stuff by this time but this is actually a legit issue item, every number on the label checks out.

My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Dsc08129
    My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Dsc08131
    My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Dsc08130

And a smock, which I already had for a while, but was holding of on posting until I found more matching stuff.

My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Dsc07133
    My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Dsc07132
    My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Dsc07134

And also combat pants, including the kneepads which are missing on many pants in this cut.

My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Dsc08132
    My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Dsc08134
    My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Dsc08133

ripcord and TennoHeikaNate like this post

Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3117

My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Empty Re: My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn

Post by Philip Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:14 pm

Very nice stuff!

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn Empty Re: My light Desert camostuff, the actual 3FTD Wüstentarn

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:19 am

Congrats! The boonie hats are very rare indeed!

I was told that the Leo Köhler combat jackets are indeed the only ones that existed. Certainly it is the only one I've seen. My source thought they were commercial as well, however since there wasn't any BW combat jackets it was used by BW soldiers. There appears to be a good LHBW number on it, yes? Odd that it doesn't say "LHBW" on the label. I was under the impression that all officially stocked items explicitly show "LHBW" on the label. Maybe this indicates that it was not officially stocked by the LHBW, but that could be private purchased using the correct number? I don't know how the details of this system works, so that is just a guess.

I know I have a 2010 set, including a Köhler jacket. What I am trying to remember is if I have any earlier pieces. I'm positive I have a modified boonie with a cut down brim (I was told this was common practice) that I remember being from 2002. I'll see if I can find some time to hunt them down.

Steve

SHARKY likes this post

michelwijnand
    michelwijnand
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post by michelwijnand Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:28 am

Thanks! I got really lucky that a guy put the hat, jacket and pants online at the same time and I was just doing a search at the right moment, got them for way less than I expected them to cost too!

And yes it's weird about the label, both the ASD and LHBW numbers are correct and matching both eachother and the NSN, eventhough both acronyms are missing, but I just checked a number of other things and my Wahler made 2010's
    IDZ Kampfjacke Lang and Kurz don't have the LHBW on them either, just the numbers, while the matching Scharrer made pants do have it.

Apparently there's now more acronyms too, as my most modern stuff doesn't have LHBW on the label but BWBM or TKZ instead, no idea what those mean yet.

But now with this jacket seeming very correct issue I'm still wondering if the Leo Kohler combatshirts I see being worn in a number of photos are actually commercial or issue, eventhough they seem
    to be their regular weird type with just a camo shoulders and arms part sewn over some actual issue khaki t-shirt.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:52 pm

michelwijnand wrote:Thanks! I got really lucky that a guy put the hat, jacket and pants online at the same time and I was just doing a search at the right moment, got them for way less than I expected them to cost too!

And yes it's weird about the label, both the ASD and LHBW numbers are correct and matching both eachother and the NSN, eventhough both acronyms are missing, but I just checked a number of other things and my Wahler made 2010's

Interesting.  I saw some labels from current stuff and some don't have LHBW, but they also have an extra digit in their numbers  I'm wondering if the system has changed?

IDZ Kampfjacke Lang and Kurz don't have the LHBW on them either, just the numbers, while the matching Scharrer made pants do have it.

What are the dates for the items?  I just looked through a bunch of the earliest examples (2012) and they all have LHBW, but the 2013-2014 stuff I looked at had ASD or TKZ markings.  I even found some underwear packaging with a label that showed both ASD and TKZ!  The Blücher fleece jacket has both on the label.  And yet there's stuff from 2016 with LHBW.  Very confusing!

Apparently there's now more acronyms too, as my most modern stuff doesn't have LHBW on the label but BWBM or TKZ instead, no idea what those mean yet.

Here's what I just found in one pile of newer stuff:

2017 - LHBW and ASD numbers where they should be, but without the acronyms. The LHBW looking number has 7 digits instead of the normal 6. Made by Wattana

2018 - TKZ and ASD

2020 and 2021 - BwBM and ASD

I'll ask around and see if I can get some info on this topic. It seems things have changed a couple of times!

But now with this jacket seeming very correct issue I'm still wondering if the Leo Kohler combatshirts I see being worn in a number of photos are actually commercial or issue, eventhough they seem
    to be their regular weird type with just a camo shoulders and arms part sewn over some actual issue khaki t-shirt.

I have a used one of those!  You are correct about it being a "Frankenstein" item.  Looks like a standard issue T-shirt with camo sewn onto it, but with a strange double layer.  Coincidentally, tomorrow I have to clean up the room (for non-collecting reasons) where I think my shirt is in.  I'll look for it.

From what I remember mine came with used Köhler (commercial) trousers and commercial jacket (forget who made it).  It was from a police contractor, I think.

Steve
    michelwijnand
    michelwijnand
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post by michelwijnand Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:20 pm

Just checked and my Wahler jackets are from 2016 and 2017, and also have 7 numbers like you mentioned, 7 digits probably has something to do with there being no LHBW letters then.

And I just saw pants on the internet from 2019 that had the BWBM, so that fills out another year between yours.

I have seen lots of Leo Kohler combatshirts in this construction before, but in desert and flecktarn camo, all had a commercial label in the neck of the camo part of it, sadly I haven't seen any labels of ones in this light desert camo yet
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:52 am

A German friend of mine gave me some information:

TKZ = TeileKennZeichen = Part Number

He sent me a document from May, 2017 that appears to outline the change over from LHBw to BwBM.  The document is entitled "Anlage Logistik für fiskalische Artikel" and concerns the requirements for contractors to follow when boxing completed items.  It details the labels on the boxes as well as accompanying paperwork.

Although not specific to uniform labels, this excerpt does look similar to the information on more recent labels.

Each delivery must be visibly accompanied by a delivery note. At least the following information must be provided on the delivery note.

Delivery address
      Contract number, call-off/order number and lot number BwBM
      ASD number, article number and title
      Delivery note number supplier
      Date of delivery
      Contact person at the supplier with telephone number if applicable e-mail address
      Shipping address
      Number and type of loading aids of the consignment concerned
      Number of pieces per size/carton per item incl. backorder items
      Stamping

I'll let you know if he turns up anything else, but for now I'm pretty confident that we know a little more than we did when you started this thread Wink

Steve
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:04 pm

Heh... while digging through the box I mentioned I found an unissued 2010 Wüstentarn KSK style jacket. I totally forgot I had a spare.

Pics of the odd combat shirt are posted to a new thread.

Steve
    SHARKY

Registration date : 2023-12-16
    Number of posts : 7

Post by SHARKY Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:34 am

Guys I just started looking for this light desert camo and I have a Sabre Parka in bound to me ( I know they were just a commercial supplier ) and got out bid on Ebay.de on a Ksk trouser in my size… is there any good source for this pattern ? I think Leo Kohler had this available some years ago and I didn’t pull the trigger UGH !!!

Any help would be appreciated

Sharky
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:29 am

The Köhler stuff still comes up on German eBay fairly regularly. Only the combat shirt is what I would consider anything other than pure commercial production.

There's also a set that's in standard BW cut:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/273610689566

Buying off of German eBay is pricey though.

Steve

SHARKY likes this post

SHARKY

Registration date : 2023-12-16
    Number of posts : 7

Post by SHARKY Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:36 pm

I will just keep an eye out on EBay.de

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 am