IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

M1 bayonet help

CRjackson37
    CRjackson37
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2021-10-04
    Number of posts : 47

M1 bayonet help  Empty M1 bayonet help

Post by CRjackson37 Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:22 am

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me about Danish used M1 bayonets. Were only US marked and Danish marked bayonets issued. Were and "E _ US" marked or unmarked export bayonets used?

Thanks, Chris
    CRjackson37
    CRjackson37
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2021-10-04
    Number of posts : 47

M1 bayonet help  Empty Re: M1 bayonet help

Post by CRjackson37 Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:46 pm

I found out that the "E_US" marked bayonets will not work. However I wanted to share these photos of FKF, HTK, and HMAK marked scabbards. They are mostly identical except that the FKF and HTK marked scabbards have a small hole on the rear of the scabbard, near the tip.M1 bayonet help  20240124
    M1 bayonet help  20240123
    M1 bayonet help  20240125
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 2285

Post by mylle Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:25 pm

AFAIK the Danes only issued US made and own production M1 bayonets. I have also seen cut down ones in FKF, HKT scabbards. Alltough there are rumors that the german Hörster company made the danish M1 and M5 bayonets. E_US M1 bayonets are usually connected to Greece.
    M55q
    M55q
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2017-04-20
    Number of posts : 50

Post by M55q Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:41 pm

mylle wrote:AFAIK the Danes only issued US made and own production M1 bayonets. I have also seen cut down ones in FKF, HKT scabbards. Alltough there are rumors that the german Hörster company made the danish M1 and M5 bayonets. E_US M1 bayonets are usually connected to Greece.

Denmark never made its own bayonets.
    As far as I know, the Danish-marked bayonets are all produced in Italy. But I will have to look at the sources to be 100% certain.

However, it is correct that only former US bayonets and euro-clones were issued.

sammlermws
    sammlermws

Registration date : 2023-05-17
    Number of posts : 2

Post by sammlermws Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:56 pm

M55q wrote:
    mylle wrote:AFAIK the Danes only issued US made and own production M1 bayonets. I have also seen cut down ones in FKF, HKT scabbards. Alltough there are rumors that the german Hörster company made the danish M1 and M5 bayonets. E_US M1 bayonets are usually connected to Greece.

Denmark never made its own bayonets.
    As far as I know, the Danish-marked bayonets are all produced in Italy. But I will have to look at the sources to be 100% certain.

However, it is correct that only former US bayonets and euro-clones were issued.

This would make sense that Italy also produced the bayonets because they made M1 rifles for Denmark.

CRjackson37 likes this post

Antarmike
    Antarmike
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Name : Mike Fincher
    Registration date : 2016-12-07
    Number of posts : 438

Post by Antarmike Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:43 pm

https://worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Identification_Guide/Denmark/Denmark_2.html
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 2285

Post by mylle Today at 2:03 pm

I misspelled it in my previous and ment not ,,own produced,,(danish made) but not US made and foreign purchased bayonets.
    I tend to think they are west german made- Hörster maybe- because they are quite similar compared with the style of the scabbards from
    the dutch issued M4 bayonets which have been made by Hörster.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:05 pm