IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

    Keeker's Danish collection

    Keeker
    Keeker
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Location : USA (BE)
    Registration date : 2023-06-28
    Number of posts : 38

    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeker's Danish collection

    Post by Keeker Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:26 pm

    CRjackson37 wrote:Really good collection, I appreciate the multiple photos of the body armor vest. Are the panels fairly pliable?

    The soft kevlar inserts are fairly pliable as can be seen in the curvature of the shoulder pieces.

    CRjackson37 likes this post

    Keeker
    Keeker
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Location : USA (BE)
    Registration date : 2023-06-28
    Number of posts : 38

    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeker's Danish collection

    Post by Keeker Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 pm

    Another package from Denmark

    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Img_2029
    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Img_2028
    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Img_2027
    Keeker
    Keeker
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Location : USA (BE)
    Registration date : 2023-06-28
    Number of posts : 38

    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeker's Danish collection

    Post by Keeker Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:29 pm

    This was supposed to be with the camo face paint tubes

    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Img_2030


    Last edited by Keeker on Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Keeker
    Keeker
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Location : USA (BE)
    Registration date : 2023-06-28
    Number of posts : 38

    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeker's Danish collection

    Post by Keeker Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:30 pm

    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Img_2031
    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Img_2032
    CRjackson37
    CRjackson37
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Location : United States
    Registration date : 2021-10-04
    Number of posts : 55

    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeker's Danish collection

    Post by CRjackson37 Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:59 pm

    Keeker wrote:
    CRjackson37 wrote:Really good collection, I appreciate the multiple photos of the body armor vest. Are the panels fairly pliable?

    The soft kevlar inserts are fairly pliable as can be seen in the curvature of the shoulder pieces.

    I figured it might be, looks similar in style to the German armor and they are very pliable.

    Keeker likes this post

    Keeker
    Keeker
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Location : USA (BE)
    Registration date : 2023-06-28
    Number of posts : 38

    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeker's Danish collection

    Post by Keeker Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 pm

    CRjackson37 wrote:
    I figured it might be, looks similar in style to the German armor and they are very pliable.

    Having both I can say they are damn near identical. The Danish also has plates and the kevlar might be a hair stiffer but otherwise essentially the same.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN


    Location : New England, US
    Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6938

    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeker's Danish collection

    Post by CollectinSteve Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:33 am

    Always nice to see Danish stuff on display!

    Looking at the info I have, the original vest is m/96 and was soft inserts only. This was back in the days when body armor was pretty rare for most NATO countries and was almost always fragmentation vs. ballistic type.

    The m/00 introduced optional ceramic plate inserts. The vest appears to be largely the same, but with two mag pouches on the front and no webbing along the bottom.

    The m/12 is Multicam and a modern carrier design.

    Steve

    Keeker likes this post

    Keeker
    Keeker
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Location : USA (BE)
    Registration date : 2023-06-28
    Number of posts : 38

    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeker's Danish collection

    Post by Keeker Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:19 pm

    CollectinSteve wrote:Always nice to see Danish stuff on display!

    Looking at the info I have, the original vest is m/96 and was soft inserts only.  This was back in the days when body armor was pretty rare for most NATO countries and was almost always fragmentation vs. ballistic type.

    The m/00 introduced optional ceramic plate inserts.  The vest appears to be largely the same, but with two mag pouches on the front and no webbing along the bottom.

    The m/12 is Multicam and a modern carrier design.

    Steve

    Thanks for all the good info Steve. I appreciate it.
    Keeker
    Keeker
    Corporal
    Corporal


    Location : USA (BE)
    Registration date : 2023-06-28
    Number of posts : 38

    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeker's Danish collection

    Post by Keeker Sat May 04, 2024 11:17 pm

    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Img_2035
    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Img_2034

    ripcord and TennoHeikaNate like this post


    Sponsored content


    Keeker's Danish collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeker's Danish collection

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:19 am