IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

ALICE Pack question

matchstick
    matchstick
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2022-07-08
    Number of posts : 58

ALICE Pack question Empty ALICE Pack question

Post by matchstick Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:44 am

I have a small collection of ALICE packs, 3 large olive (with a 4th desert tri-cam on the way) and 3 ( 2 woodland, 1 olive) (maybe 4, but its hiding somewhere very well) medium.

Apart from the one large and one medium which are rather used all have legible to just about legible descriptions, NSN's etc on the main packs.

My question is mainly aimed at the large packs as, from reading the issued idiots guide to use and assembly, and a youtube video on shrinking a medium pack
    to an "assault" pack there should be a few strands of cord and d hooks inside for reducing the volume, however none of these appear to be present in
    any of my packs, regardless of size, and no visible evidence of them having ever been fitted.

Was there a point in production where they stopped fitting internal the cord and d hooks for volume reduction, either as a result of saving a few pence
    or realising nobody ever actually used said bits and redacted them from the design?

That or I've got a stash of ones that were super carefully sanitised of the volume reducing components.
    TennoHeikaNate
    TennoHeikaNate
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Nate
    Registration date : 2013-10-16
    Number of posts : 351

ALICE Pack question Empty Re: ALICE Pack question

Post by TennoHeikaNate Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:08 pm

From what I can find, only the olive green medium LC-1 ALICE packs had those shrinking ties and rings. The woodland medium and large LC-1 packs, and all olive green and woodland LC-2 packs omitted that feature.
    matchstick
    matchstick
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2022-07-08
    Number of posts : 58

Post by matchstick Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:50 am

TennoHeikaNate wrote:From what I can find, only the olive green medium LC-1 ALICE packs had those shrinking ties and rings. The woodland medium and large LC-1 packs, and all olive green and woodland LC-2 packs omitted that feature.

I think that the one olive medium with the feature fitted is an LC-1, one of my large packs has it, but that's an Arab nation desert tri-cam
    clone.

Strange that the mention of this feature in the ALICE manual is in reference to the large pack, but then seems to only be on the LC-1 medium.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:06 pm