IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

NVA DATE CODES

bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

NVA DATE CODES Empty NVA DATE CODES

Post by bond007a1 Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:04 pm

The NVA date coded its's uniform tunics, pants, hats, and field gear.
    After 1969 these items were coded with a letter for the year and a Roman numeral I, II, III, and IV for the quarter.

DDR Year Codes
    1968 - K
    1969 - Z
    1970 - M
    1971 - X
    1972 - B
    1973 - L
    1974 - O
    1975 - S
    1976 - R
    1977 - A
    1978 - U
    1979 - F
    1980 - E
    1981 - G
    1982 - I
    1983 - C
    1984 - H
    1985 - T
    1986 - P
    1987 - L
    1988 - Y
    1989 - N
    1990 - D

NOTE: THIS INFORMATION CAME FROM A WEBSITE CREATED BY: DAVID MURRAY
    HERE IS THE LINK TO HIS SITE....IT HAS SOME PRETTY USEFUL INFO ON THERE

EAST GERMAN MILITARY (NVA)

Sanglier
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2022-08-03
    Number of posts : 26

NVA DATE CODES Empty Re: NVA DATE CODES

Post by Sanglier Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:27 pm

I gave this string of letters to Chat GPT-4 and told it that it's a puzzle in German, and asked if it could detect a pattern, and if so, what would be the next letter.

Within 10 seconds, it came back and told me that it had solved the puzzle, that the letters represented a gene involved in cellular metabolism, and that the next letter is "E".

Given that the first known instance of gene sequencing took place in 1972, this could be intriguing evidence that DDR scientists were secretly many years ahead of the game, and that NVA planners and uniform procurers were big fans of bio research, and somehow all of this hidden history has managed to remain hidden until today.

I asked GPT-4 to elaborate on what it had discovered, and if this letter sequence corresponded to an amino acid sequence.

It told me no, the sequence had nothing to do with amino acids, and reiterated that it was simply looking for any pattern using known "alignment techniques".

I then asked GPT-4 how it was able to identify the sequence as a gene, and to point me to a citation where this particular gene is described.

It apologized to me, and told me that there was no such gene, that the answer it gave me earlier was in error, and that it regrets any inconvenience this (apparent bullcrapping) may have caused me.

On the one hand, I was disappointed that there is no Bletchly Park breakthrough in cracking this enigma.

On the other hand, I am relieved that Skynet may be a little further away from reality than I thought.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:53 am