IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
mylle
59tankbat
sh4pak
marysandders
jimmyduncan23
cairyhunt
loski
elssilver
DanielDK
PedroPato
ripcord
NorBn
mk209
imagehunter
Victor Brunswick
teysseire1972
RT-VIPER
Tyler Flint
ubershave
lammasulyon
kammo-man
Duncan McLain
fourtycoats
Albano
APreston
Gulf91
sobota
koalorka
freddy
drmatz
bolo
pwmiraldi67
Corpl. Cleaver
navax
5th AD
Mk1rceme
bond007a1
Sgt P.
nkomo
CamoDeafie
misanthropic_gods
Camosaurus
Mercenary25
CollectinSteve
Camo_fiend
1stDivVet
Philip
panzerwerk
DS9ACU
53 posters

Do you wear pieces of your collections?

PedroPato
    PedroPato
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2013-06-27
    Number of posts : 586

Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you wear pieces of your collections?

Post by PedroPato Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:43 am

Need to get one more pair of CS95 MVP trousers to be kept safe, I use my pair while hunting in wet weather (got two small rips while passing barbed wire with the dog Sad)

Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 IMG_0120_zpsc657bd19
    DanielDK

Registration date : 2013-12-06
    Number of posts : 9

Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do you wear pieces of your collections?

Post by DanielDK Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:07 pm

In the Winter, nearly every day, nothing beats Russian army Winter jackets IMO.

But also use russian gear for hiking, milsim (airsoft), different trips and so on, good pratical clothing.

On this Pictures from trip to Ukraine, I do have a British liner as top, but pants are russian ;-)
    Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 1452033_10152061073169578_1747706971_n
    elssilver
    elssilver
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Aidan
    Registration date : 2013-12-28
    Number of posts : 12

Post by elssilver Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:04 am

Usually when its cold I'll wear one of my bush jackets ( mostly my Rhodesian one) or when its really cold in winter I'll wear my US Woodlands pants, a long sleeve nutria brown shirt and my US Woodlands jacket. But only when I'm at home
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

Post by loski Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:36 am

I wear one of my Ciskei cammo short sleeve shirts quite regularly. I allso wear a French CCE waterproof jaket when its raining and as I live in the UK that means I wear it quite a bit.
    cairyhunt
    cairyhunt
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : steve
    Registration date : 2012-02-09
    Number of posts : 194

Post by cairyhunt Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:34 am

ive got a old dog eared para smock I wear ALL the time, the missus keeps saying she's going to dump that bl***y jacket.
    BUT she's got to get it off me first ha ha  Razz 
    loski
    loski
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Graham
    Registration date : 2010-08-11
    Number of posts : 919

Post by loski Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:40 am

Hi Steve
    Eish I know how you feel my musis keeps threatening to bin things she refers to as that old crap. But you cant beat a well worn Para smock especially an early one.
    cairyhunt
    cairyhunt
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : steve
    Registration date : 2012-02-09
    Number of posts : 194

Post by cairyhunt Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:37 pm

your dead right graham, they just don't understand !  Evil or Very Mad 
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:06 am

Im never ever without at least 1 item of ex military clothing on Very Happy 
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3120

Post by Philip Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:57 am

You guys are freaks  Laughing 
    I wear "camo" 5 days a week, I think that's enough.

jimmyduncan23
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2011-07-29
    Number of posts : 1489

Post by jimmyduncan23 Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:31 pm

well I still wear it 5 days a week, but under force, otherwise not at all
    marysandders

Registration date : 2014-01-06
    Number of posts : 2

Post by marysandders Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:40 pm

I do have few world war post cards but I don't wear them. Smile
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 626

Post by sh4pak Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:47 pm

I *try* not to wear anything that people serving in my own country's armed forces wear presently, or within the last 20 years. No woodland, no US digital, and no multi (as of now-- before it was adopted, I wore some certain things around active service-members, because it was appropriate at the time). I will wear ECW gear if arctic conditions arise, because I can't afford $300. REI snow gear, and anything less than government issue is inadequate for real cold.

Basically, I honor the "stolen valor" principal. I try not to look like I am anything but what I am; a nerd who has to work for a living. Repro stuff is cool-- and sometimes works well for doing things in the field, versus standard, polyester uniform attire or Carhartt. Tiger stripes were never issued to our troops, so I don't feel like too much of an idiot if I wear a Thai-made pair of repro pants to a party because I like them. I've used my blue flight suit to go spelunking, because it was functional, a bright color, and I could be easily discerned by it-- and I will use foreign police of air force kit while I am at work, because, once again, I am more comfortable in foreign cotton than domestic polyester. Blue is uniform-neutral, and people rarely notice it. Never any badges, or decorations. Ever.

I just hate polyester, I like having lots of pockets, and I like comfortable, roomy, functional attire, so yes, I wear stuff to work.
    59tankbat
    59tankbat
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Marc
    Registration date : 2011-11-29
    Number of posts : 202

Post by 59tankbat Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:03 am

This is great Winter wear ! Us  Airforce woodland m65 ,comfortable and  very warm!
    Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 Image113
    Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 Image211

What are You gonna wear this Winter????
    Show your jackets!
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 2302

Post by mylle Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:11 pm

Its a very hard decision... Soooo much stuff to wear... Laughing

I will mostly wear the Lux gore tex with an Austrian KAZ03 fleece underneath or the Canadian OD.

Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 Img_4010

Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 Img_3110
    59tankbat
    59tankbat
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by 59tankbat Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:51 pm

i like the austrian jacket! Very Happy cool camo !
    thx fr showing cheers
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post by sh4pak Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:21 pm

--This year, I'm wearing a Platatac AUSCAM silkweight smock over a Primaloft ECWS jacket. Works nice, and cuts down on weight, significantly. For non-camo days, a Helikon copy of the PCS smock, in grey, over Helly Hansen Primaloft. That, right there, isn't collection material, or even military at all-- but it's nice, and civil, but still has the right flavour.

Cheers, TankBat.
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 Empty Oh, and...

Post by sh4pak Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:41 pm

For rainy days, there's Singapore Gore, which is pretty awesome, except for the fact that the Velcro on the pockets stick to the Velcro cuffs. Nothing cooler, or more confidence-inducing than having your hand stick to your hip when you are about to gesticulate.

Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 <a href=Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 31359477386_dcf4030ee9_c20161203_132644 by sh4pka, on Flickr" />
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mylle Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:02 pm

@59tankbat- the goretex jacket is from Luxembourg and sadly not from Austria. We are still
    stuck with OD. But its a great jacket.
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post by sh4pak Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:04 pm

Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 <a href=Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 30574787484_d9fecc92c8_c20161203_135842 by sh4pka, on Flickr" />
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post by sh4pak Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:06 pm

@mylle: that Lux is beautiful. Not easy to find, huh?
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post by sh4pak Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:23 pm

And, if I have to shovel snow-- yes, I wear my Arktis Tundra. Not rare, not issued to anyone, and probably not effective. Also, not part of my *collection,* exactly. Actually part of my wardrobe, I guess, though I only wear it two or three times a year.:

Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 <a href=Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 31027355780_e236febd04_cArktis Overwhites by sh4pka, on Flickr" />
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mylle Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:34 pm

Yes, the Lux gore tex stuff is not easy to find. You can find the normal BDU style uniforms easier.
    59tankbat
    59tankbat
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by 59tankbat Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:19 pm

Great jackets sh4pak! Alex  your Luxenburg camo looks(reminded me) of the old vintage austria camo KAZ57/59. and a bit of the german flecktarn so i assumed it was austrian!  bounce  Very Happy
    ripcord
    ripcord
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 2823

Post by ripcord Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:11 pm

This year I am wearing my trusty M65 and a KAZ03 fleece jacket as a liner.
    When it gets even colder, the M65 can be used in conjunction with an issue quilted liner ( and the KAZ03 fleece ).
    For wet weather it's a Marpat Goretex with the KAZ03 liner as well.

Pretty hard to find a better fleece than the KAZ03 piece.. cheers

Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 Dscn5239

Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 4 Dscn5241

S
    mylle
    mylle
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mylle Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:39 pm

,,Pretty hard to find a better fleece than the KAZ03 piece,,-That's true, I already
    equipped my whole family with at least one fleecejacket. Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:26 am