IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Unknown camo with ID number on the inside

Jalal897
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2010-01-24
    Number of posts : 19

Unknown camo with ID number on the inside Empty Unknown camo with ID number on the inside

Post by Jalal897 Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi guys this is from my ''green'' collection.

Im not much of a woodland person but this caught my attention when i picked it up.

Image hosted by servimg.com

Image hosted by servimg.com

Can somone help me out and tell me what it is? Thanks.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Unknown camo with ID number on the inside Empty Re: Unknown camo with ID number on the inside

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:25 pm

Neat pattern!! It's Chinese for sure, based on the construction of the uniform. The snaps should have a Communist star on them (or something like that, I forget exactly). A lot of different camouflage patterns came out in this cut of uniform over the past 10 years or so. Many were used, experimentally or simply in small numbers, but various parts of the Chinese armed forces. However, I do not think I have seen this pattern before.

You can look on the inside for a red or white ink stamp. I forget which side it is usually on and it might be washed out already.

Interesting one!

Steve
    Jalal897
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2010-01-24
    Number of posts : 19

Unknown camo with ID number on the inside Empty Re: Unknown camo with ID number on the inside

Post by Jalal897 Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi steve,

I foudn the stamp inside the pants just like you described.

It felt chinise and from the buttons i saw it said Xue or somthing along those lines.

I appreciate your help on this. Hopefully ill be getting some more strange patterns soon just need to finish exams.
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:40 pm

I have never seen this pattern before, but it looks very cool nonetheless!

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Martin
    Martin
    Captain
    Captain

Name : Martin
    Registration date : 2009-06-25
    Number of posts : 929

Post by Martin Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:36 pm

Looks a bit like one of the N Korean patterns.
    DS9ACU
    DS9ACU
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-07-15
    Number of posts : 530

Post by DS9ACU Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Looks like the pattern used by the Chinese during the 70's border war with Vietnam, though the more widely known uniform is revisable, so maybe a pattern based off it.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:34 am

I'm glad I could help a little. I wish I knew what the pattern is. It's very nice!

The construction is not very recent, I think. IIRC this is the 1995 pattern, but I've long since forgotten what all the subtle changes were. At the very least I think it is older than the ton of different patterns that were cranked out in the last 10 years. Those use a different cut that is more simplistic.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:56 pm