IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

OEF/OIF USMC

Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

OEF/OIF USMC Empty OEF/OIF USMC

Post by Mercenary25 Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:56 pm

Hey everyone.

I think it is almost finished but I would need magazines and dummy grenades, maybe pick up an Airsoft M-16A4 RIS to make it look nicer. I still don't feel it is complete. Anything else I should add? Feedbacks are welcome.

The body armor is complete with soft inserts and SAPI plates.

OEF/OIF USMC DSCF4158
    OEF/OIF USMC DSCF4156
    OEF/OIF USMC DSCF4157

OEF/OIF USMC Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    Zane
    Zane
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2010-06-10
    Number of posts : 28

OEF/OIF USMC Empty Re: OEF/OIF USMC

Post by Zane Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:31 pm

I agree it doesnt right, it's a great start, but here are my suggestions:

First: Bijan's knee pads, NVG mount, sunglasses (It's eyes are creaping me out)
    Then try adding more pouches, Gasmask bag, multitool pouch, medkit.
    Try to really show the amount of crap they carry.
    Then add little details, carabiner, pens, name plate, light sticks, thoes little IR IFF square thinggies, roll the gloves foward a little so the cuffs over lap, a watch.

Then drag it behind your car through mud, dirt and sand, because aside from the boots it looks too clean/ unused. Very Happy
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:14 am

Merc,
    I think it looks really good! I know you have worked really hard on getting that display up and going. Very Happy

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Zane, Marines don't use knee pads that much based on reference photos. They don't carry gas mask bag after the invasion of Iraq ended (My display is supposed to be 05-06). They also don't always use NVG mounts. The name plates weren't seen until 07-08 if I recall correctly, on newest body armors such as SPC and MTV.

But yes, I should add little details. I'm working on finding IFAK (Improved first aid kit) pouch with accessories, 8x magazines, M-16a4 RIS replica, and few other items.

About making gear dirty.... I wouldn't do it because one day good condition items become rare. Take a look at Vietnam era items. Many collectors pay good money for mint condition items because they are harder to come by. If I want used condition, I'd have to look for one.

OEF/OIF USMC Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:24 pm

jeremy your display is awesome i like the idea of using a full size mannequin to show off your mint condition gear i really think dragging this kit through the dirt would be just plain crazy and knock the value of the items down and i think faking salty item's should be frowned upon keep up the good work and thanks for sharing
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Post by misanthropic_gods Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:01 pm

jaycee wrote:jeremy your display is awesome i like the idea of using a full size mannequin to show off your mint condition gear i really think dragging this kit through the dirt would be just plain crazy and knock the value of the items down and i think faking salty item's should be frowned upon keep up the good work and thanks for sharing

Ha ha, I think it was a joke, dont worry

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 am