IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

7 Air Assault Battalion REME,16 Air Assault Brigade Desert Windproof.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

7 Air Assault Battalion REME,16 Air Assault Brigade Desert Windproof. Empty 7 Air Assault Battalion REME,16 Air Assault Brigade Desert Windproof.

Post by Easy Gee Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:12 am

Hi Guys.

Here's a 7 Air Assault Battalion REME,16 Air Assault Brigade Desert Windproof, from my collection.

This one is missing the ISAF patch but these are very easily replaced, well hope you like it, if so leave a comment Very Happy  7 Air Assault Battalion REME,16 Air Assault Brigade Desert Windproof. Dsc03459 7 Air Assault Battalion REME,16 Air Assault Brigade Desert Windproof. Dsc03460 7 Air Assault Battalion REME,16 Air Assault Brigade Desert Windproof. Dsc03461 7 Air Assault Battalion REME,16 Air Assault Brigade Desert Windproof. Dsc03462
    Guessologist
    Guessologist
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Ben P.
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 282

7 Air Assault Battalion REME,16 Air Assault Brigade Desert Windproof. Empty Re: 7 Air Assault Battalion REME,16 Air Assault Brigade Desert Windproof.

Post by Guessologist Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:52 pm

Gary,

Nice one. I like it.

Cheers
    Ben.
    2/1RNZIR
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-11-09
    Number of posts : 143

7 Air Assault Battalion REME,16 Air Assault Brigade Desert Windproof. Empty Re: 7 Air Assault Battalion REME,16 Air Assault Brigade Desert Windproof.

Post by 2/1RNZIR Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Nice Easy Gee, has British DDPM been officially struck off yet?, I heard a rumour that it was being issued to the Cadet Forces?
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:38 am

Guessologist wrote:Gary,

Nice one. I like it.

Cheers
    Ben.

Thanks Ben.

I'm glad you like it, and thanks for looking and commenting Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:40 am

2/1RNZIR wrote:Nice Easy Gee, has British DDPM been officially struck off yet?, I heard a rumour that it was being issued to the Cadet Forces?

Thanks Mate.

I don't belive it has been officially withdrawn yet, as REMF's are still wearing the old DDPM, and I would'nt be surprisd if they do supply the cadets with this kit.

I would prefer if they gave a shed load to me Laughing

Thanks for looking Mate, I appreciate it Very Happy
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:17 pm

From an MoD article:

Ministry of Defence wrote:The dark green DPM uniforms will slowly be phased out and replaced by MTP. However, the current No. 5 Desert combat dress will remain in service and be used along side the Multi-Terrain Pattern. From 2011, it [MTP] will be rolled out across units based elsewhere in the world. The old designs are to be phased out completely by 2016.
    My guess is by "old designs" they mean the S95 style of uniforms in DPM/DDPM pattern; and that by 2016 is when DDPM will be officially considered to be obsolete.

Gary, you could start setting back a few quid every month between now and then, and come 2016, you'll have a hefty sum saved up to splurge on surplussed desert kit! Cool

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Camo_fiend wrote:From an MoD article:

Ministry of Defence wrote:The dark green DPM uniforms will slowly be phased out and replaced by MTP. However, the current No. 5 Desert combat dress will remain in service and be used along side the Multi-Terrain Pattern. From 2011, it [MTP] will be rolled out across units based elsewhere in the world. The old designs are to be phased out completely by 2016.
    My guess is by "old designs" they mean the S95 style of uniforms in DPM/DDPM pattern; and that by 2016 is when DDPM will be officially considered to be obsolete.

Gary, you could start setting back a few quid every month between now and then, and come 2016, you'll have a hefty sum saved up to splurge on surplussed desert kit! Cool

Good info Ben, I'm hoping by 2016 I will have enough kit, to set up my own surplus business..that's the plan anyway..who knows in 5 years time you could be my best customer, I would of course give you a favoured customer discount, for on-line sales Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:30 pm