IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Dark blue Chinese Mao cap with red metal star

bolo
    bolo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-09-23
    Number of posts : 76

Dark blue Chinese Mao cap with red metal star Empty Dark blue Chinese Mao cap with red metal star

Post by bolo Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:19 am

Dark blue Chinese Mao cap with red metal star C6ce17fd

Dark blue Chinese Mao cap with red metal star 1ad95c47

Dark blue Chinese Mao cap with red metal star 04e30170

Chi Com Dark blue Mao cap made of cotton with brown satin lining, brown vinyle headband, metal red star and maker label sewn inside

what era do you think it's from? I think this is a original military issue cap

Dark blue Chinese Mao cap with red metal star Chairman-mao-zedong-young

"Political Power grows out of the barrel of a gun"

(Mao Tse-tung)
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Dark blue Chinese Mao cap with red metal star Empty Re: Dark blue Chinese Mao cap with red metal star

Post by filupe Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:46 pm

Whilst the metal red star (sewn to the cap with red thread through two little holes located in the 'underarms' of the star) is a feature of issue 'Mao' caps the commercial type manufacturer's tag would indicate it to be not an issue item. I believe the 'issue' caps would have a stamped red manufacturer's box funnily enough similar to what you see in commercial chinese camo uniforms now. I have a green 'issue' Mao cap from the Air Force Academy. I also have a dark blue one similar to yours which is commercial. The tag on your example indicates that it may be made in Bei Jing.
    bolo
    bolo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-09-23
    Number of posts : 76

Dark blue Chinese Mao cap with red metal star Empty Re: Dark blue Chinese Mao cap with red metal star

Post by bolo Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:02 pm

thanks filupe, the dark blue Mao caps & jackets are still popular , especially with the older Chinese men, probably made for party members or something they could buy as a private purchase item for commercial sale

Dark blue Chinese Mao cap with red metal star 1.1252489260.a-smiling-old-guy-in-a-mao-cap

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:13 pm