IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
cairyhunt
CollectinSteve
Easy Gee
7 posters

Model 95 (Schuberth B826). Jigsaw cover.

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Model 95 (Schuberth B826). Jigsaw cover. - Page 2 Empty Re: Model 95 (Schuberth B826). Jigsaw cover.

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:40 am

Just reminds us how small the world is, not to mention the Belgian armed forces Smile

Steve
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Model 95 (Schuberth B826). Jigsaw cover. - Page 2 Empty Re: Model 95 (Schuberth B826). Jigsaw cover.

Post by Easy Gee Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:36 am

static wrote:Bonjour,

Vous avez retrouvé mon couvre casque
    je m'appelle Didier GIORGETTI, sous-officier à l'armée belge
    je suis militaire depuis 1983 et je travaille maintenant à Bastogne en Belgique
    j'ai rendu mon équipement de combat en 2010 depuis que je travaille à Bastogne Barracks

ce couvre casque a été porté lors de ma mission au kosovo en 2002
    l'autocollant sur le couvre casque est un détecteur NBC pour les agent chimiques liquides.

Quelle coïncidence de retrouver mon couvre casque vendu par l'armée
    je suis curieux de savoir comment il a attéri chez vous et où il se trouve exactement

bonne journée

Hello there,

You found my helmet covers
    I'm Didier GIORGETTI, NCO at Belgian Army
    I am a soldier since 1983 and I am now working at Bastogne in Belgium
    I made my combat equipment in 2010 since I work in Bastogne Barracks

this covers helmet was worn during my mission in kosovo in 2002
    the sticker on the helmet cover is a NBC detector for liquid chemical agent.

What a coincidence to find my helmet covers sold by the army
    I'm curious how he landed home and where it is exactly

have a nice day

Salut Didier, what a strange coincidence. I am very pleased you noticed your old helmet cover here, I still have it in my collection and it now fitted to an ABL helmet. Many thanks for the confirmation on where is was worn and what the orange label represents, this is fantastic information.

I bought this cover from a UK ebay Army surplus seller, and it was very inexpensive to purchase, however now I have the provenance it is all the more interesting.

Take care and all the best, Gary.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:36 am

Wish I could sort out my camera issues as just had a nice 1998 dated ABL 826 helmet with what looks to me anyway,a nice unusual cover,unusual in that the cammo pattern runs vertical along the cover and not horizontal(if that makes sense).

Cove I would say is original to the helmet with wear and use etc looking consistent but it isnt dated so like my other rip stop one(this one isnt),could this be commercial as well?

MICHIELSENS
    3XTA59
    65% KATOEN/COTTON
    35% POLYESTER

With washing instructions under this.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:10 am

I'm sure that's legit. MICHIELSENS was the big contractor of the day and I am unaware of them making commercial kit under their own name. I also view pre 2000s as not having much motivation for companies to make fake helmet covers as the Airsoft craze hadn't kicked off yet.

Steve
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Post by Gulf91 Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:27 am

Thanks Steve,was the pattern that looked slightly different to the other covers that I have.
    Antarmike
    Antarmike
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Name : Mike Fincher
    Registration date : 2016-12-07
    Number of posts : 438

Post by Antarmike Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:34 pm

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/GENUINE-BELGIAN-BELGIUM-ARMED-FORCES-HELMET-COVER-in-M90-JIGSAW-CAMO-/201674270832?hash=item2ef4b92870:g:jmoAAOSw2GlXILPp

I bought a couple

Model 95 (Schuberth B826). Jigsaw cover. - Page 2 DSCF5027_zps5xdzvyeq
    Model 95 (Schuberth B826). Jigsaw cover. - Page 2 DSCF5029_zpsvxoun33y

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:04 pm