IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Russian Military Demobilization Uniforms

escammo
    escammo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Erick
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Number of posts : 165

Russian Military Demobilization Uniforms Empty Russian Military Demobilization Uniforms

Post by escammo Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:39 pm

Carey Schofield describes the Russian military demobilization process in her book “Inside the Soviet Military”. As a part of the "Dembel" process, servicemen will decorate and embellish their going-home uniforms so that it looks like they had very successful military careers. Here are a few dembel photos:
    Russian Military Demobilization Uniforms 1
    Russian Military Demobilization Uniforms Funnyuniform003-48

Here is a dembel uniform of a Russian VDV soldier. It is a 4 pocket type II uniform. The soldier’s name, looks like Vlasenko, is written on the inside of the jacket and pants.

The shoulder boards and para sleeve insignia have been reinforced so that they have a stiff rounded shape.

A couple of years after I acquired this uniform, I found a train ticket in the pant pocket that says it is a “no cash military ticket” with Moscow as the destination. It has perforations in the ticket that appear to show the date of October of 1991. It is probable that this is the train ticket that the soldier used when he was discharged from the service and went home. Please see photos.

Russian Military Demobilization Uniforms Dembel_jacket2s
    Russian Military Demobilization Uniforms Dembel_sleeves
    Russian Military Demobilization Uniforms Dembel_tickets
    Russian Military Demobilization Uniforms Dembel_jacket_stamps

shoru
    shoru
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2011-04-02
    Number of posts : 507

Russian Military Demobilization Uniforms Empty Re: Russian Military Demobilization Uniforms

Post by shoru Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:44 pm

All these dembel uniforms are ugly as hell.

Your example looks quite mint, did it see any use?
    escammo
    escammo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Erick
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Number of posts : 165

Russian Military Demobilization Uniforms Empty Re: Russian Military Demobilization Uniforms

Post by escammo Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:47 am

Hello Kolja,

I think the TTsKO dembel is pretty cool, just different.

The uniform looks barely used. With a uniform manufacture date of 1991 and the train ticket dated 1991, I speculate that the soldier wore the uniform very few times. Probably the only time he wore it was as a dembel uniform when traveling home after leaving the service.

Erick
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:11 pm

At least we know these Russian soldiers are in good physical shape. Otherwise they wouldn't be strong enough to walk with all that "bling" on their uniforms Very Happy

Reminds me a lot of the South Korean "veterans" uniforms. Some of them are overdone, others are more modest like the TTsKO example above.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:45 pm