IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

my two german parkas with diff. year same manufacturer...

Base one
    Base one
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : tonton Abilgos
    Registration date : 2012-05-10
    Number of posts : 282

my two german parkas with diff. year same manufacturer... Empty my two german parkas with diff. year same manufacturer...

Post by Base one Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:42 pm

my two german parkas with diff. year same manufacturer... DSC_0326_zpsbd98ff90
    Dated 1974?
    my two german parkas with diff. year same manufacturer... DSC_0327_zps3afa7b54
    my two german parkas with diff. year same manufacturer... DSC_0328_zpsb829222f
    my two german parkas with diff. year same manufacturer... DSC_0329_zpsf0e3b74a
    Dated 1989
    my two german parkas with diff. year same manufacturer... DSC_0331_zps12cdcc77
    my two german parkas with diff. year same manufacturer... DSC_0330_zps8cbf5dc5
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6952

my two german parkas with diff. year same manufacturer... Empty Re: my two german parkas with diff. year same manufacturer...

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:40 pm

Yes, your first one is 1974 and your second one is 1989.

I think there are at least 3 versions with obvious differences. The first was in 1959 and had pointed epaulettes. The second was made starting in 1963 and it had rounded epaulettes. I don't remember if there were other changes. This was made until the early 1970s. Probably 1974, but I do not have a firm date. The third type (as pictured above) retained the same overall look, but there were many simplifications and refinements to the construction. Production appears to have continued until at least 1989, but perhaps a little longer.

If you look at the three types next to each other with only a quick look, they don't appear to be very different from each other. But differences are definitely there. Also note that the early version of the 1959 parka had a quilted cotton liner before moving onto the fake fur style ("Teddyfutter") that continued until the end of production sometime around 1989 to 1991.

Starting in 1988 the traditional parka was replaced by a simplified shell with zippered hand pockets and an independent (not buttoned or snapped in place) quilted nylon liner. This model was then used as the basis for the Flecktarn parka which is still used today. I am unsure if this new model was experimental or limited issue, but clearly it was a sign of abandoning the traditional parka.

Steve
    Base one
    Base one
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : tonton Abilgos
    Registration date : 2012-05-10
    Number of posts : 282

my two german parkas with diff. year same manufacturer... Empty Re: my two german parkas with diff. year same manufacturer...

Post by Base one Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:00 am

Thanks for the useful info Steve! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:54 pm