Dutch army loadout displays (cold war era)

Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-12
    Number of posts : 315

Dutch army loadout displays (cold war era) - Page 5 Empty Re: Dutch army loadout displays (cold war era)

Post by Camonut314 on Mon May 11, 2020 1:26 pm

Once again, absolutely lovely! What's the story behind the Dutch using Diamondback Tactical? Just a cheaper alternative to MSA (Paraclete?)
    michelwijnand
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Name : Michel Wijnand
    Registration date : 2016-11-09
    Number of posts : 547

Dutch army loadout displays (cold war era) - Page 5 Empty Re: Dutch army loadout displays (cold war era)

Post by michelwijnand on Mon May 11, 2020 2:08 pm

Thanks!!
    And it's a good question, I really don't know why they went with DBT, but cost might indeed be a factor, as the Dutch MoD can be quite the cheapskate.
    I do have a few photos of Paraclete armors in use but DBT vests became the standard for the KCT for years, until sometime during the early-mid 2010's or so when the Profile armors made by Marom Dolphin first got issued and started taking over.

DBT vests stayed in use for some years after they were entirely replaced though, during Minusma in Mali there were 0 of them to be seen, they only turned up in some regular army photos in training, probably handed down from commando's.

For some reason there were more such weird choices made in terms of what gear the KCT would get, like the Rabintex helmets, or the I-rack chestrig made by SDS (which I plan to make another loadout with later) and the Trezeta boots (of which I don't know exactly from when until when they were used exactly)

Current date/time is Sat May 30, 2020 4:58 am