IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dutch army loadout displays (cold war era)

Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-12
    Number of posts : 320

Dutch army loadout displays (cold war era) - Page 5 Empty Re: Dutch army loadout displays (cold war era)

Post by Camonut314 on Mon May 11, 2020 1:26 pm

Once again, absolutely lovely! What's the story behind the Dutch using Diamondback Tactical? Just a cheaper alternative to MSA (Paraclete?)
    michelwijnand
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Name : Michel Wijnand
    Registration date : 2016-11-09
    Number of posts : 561

Dutch army loadout displays (cold war era) - Page 5 Empty Re: Dutch army loadout displays (cold war era)

Post by michelwijnand on Mon May 11, 2020 2:08 pm

Thanks!!
    And it's a good question, I really don't know why they went with DBT, but cost might indeed be a factor, as the Dutch MoD can be quite the cheapskate.
    I do have a few photos of Paraclete armors in use but DBT vests became the standard for the KCT for years, until sometime during the early-mid 2010's or so when the Profile armors made by Marom Dolphin first got issued and started taking over.

DBT vests stayed in use for some years after they were entirely replaced though, during Minusma in Mali there were 0 of them to be seen, they only turned up in some regular army photos in training, probably handed down from commando's.

For some reason there were more such weird choices made in terms of what gear the KCT would get, like the Rabintex helmets, or the I-rack chestrig made by SDS (which I plan to make another loadout with later) and the Trezeta boots (of which I don't know exactly from when until when they were used exactly)
    michelwijnand
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by michelwijnand on Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:37 pm

Dutch army, 2009-2012.
    (13 Mechbrig, 42 PainfBat, Regiment Limburgse Jagers)

Gear:
    Petrolgreen beret (commercial Noorloos brand)
    42nd Painfbat beret badge
    Arktis smock (probably an old version B110 model) in Dutch DPM camo
    Woodland (DPM) M90 basis trousers
    Private 1st class rankslides
    13nd Mechanized brigade velcro armpatch
    42nd Painfbat (Regiment Infanterie Limburgse Jagers) velcro chest patch (dark type print)
    DPM Arktis Minimi chestrig
    DPM unknown brand multitool pouch
    Woodland (DPM) lefthanded legholster
    Weapon sight pouch (most likely for the Kite HV-sight)
    Woodland (DPM) Arwy Sting 80 liter backpack (2009 type)
    Limburg nametape (thought it would be funny for this unit)
    M07 boots

In the background:
    Green shemagh scarve

Dutch army loadout displays (cold war era) - Page 5 Nederl76
    Dutch army loadout displays (cold war era) - Page 5 Nederl77
    michelwijnand
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by michelwijnand on Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:01 pm

Dutch Marine Corps, 1995 - late 1990's.

Gear:

M87 DPM windproof smock (Dutch made, British type with the extra armpocket, rankloops upside-down)
    US type Woodland BDU trousers
    Marine 1st class rankslides
    Mid 1990's type M87 DPM winter hat (windproof fabric, no reinforced stitching on the sunflap)
    Soldier-made Minimi vest (made of US Alice suspenders, KLM93 vest parts, and various buckles and parts of straps and fabrics)
    Plastic canteen in canvas pouch (like an M52 pouch but with snapbuttons, might be a prototype)
    Black M90 boots

Dutch army loadout displays (cold war era) - Page 5 Nederl19
    Dutch army loadout displays (cold war era) - Page 5 Nederl81
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1185

Post by Wolverine on Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:11 pm

Neat vest!
    Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-12
    Number of posts : 320

Post by Camonut314 on Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:08 pm

Agreed! Love both this vest and the previous Arktis one- never seen the minimi version!
    michelwijnand
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by michelwijnand on Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:21 pm

Thanks guys!

When I saw this vest for sale I just had to have it. There were no dedicated Minimi vests, pouches or rigs in issue at the time at all, so anyone using it would have to be creative, and creative is definately what this vest is.

The Arktis chestrigs have been turning up for sale here a number of times in the last year or so, before that I have never seen a single one. I did have some pics of them in use, but never had any idea it was an Arktis item, another mystery solved
    Majestyk

Registration date : 2020-08-10
    Number of posts : 2

Post by Majestyk on Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:10 pm

Awesome dude stuff. I've started to assemble a M58 kit as well and so far I've got the shirt & jacket but I'm having hard time getting the pants in 34-36"/96cm as most of the ones I find are either the M78 or later model or in small size. Maybe you could help out with some links? The same for the boots & helmet.
    michelwijnand
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Post by michelwijnand Yesterday at 3:02 pm

Thanks!
    And nice to hear more people take an interest in Dutch stuff. But older clothing in such a size is pretty much nonexistent here.
    There's even reenactors that buy 2 pants and remake them into 1 bigger set, and if any side above ca86cm pops up it's quickly sold for stupid money.

But about a helmet and boots, I can help you with that. What type of boots are you looking for, the M66? I have both a helmet and a pair of boots
    laying here.
    Majestyk

Registration date : 2020-08-10
    Number of posts : 2

Post by Majestyk Yesterday at 3:31 pm

I think I might have overestimated my size and when my 96-100 jacket arrived it turned out way to large to now I bought the only other size available 88-92. Can you confirm is the sizes refer to CM around the waist, belly or? as I find it really hard to understand. In terms of helmets we have plenty of M1 clones but can't find a M53. Is the french 1951 and US war time M1 the same as I rend that they first just cloned the M1 and later used shells from Austria so I'm not sure how good of a replacement they would be but ideally I would like the actual Dutch one. I'm wanting to make a 55-60 loadout with a either Garand/Thompson/Carbine before they got the FAL's so not sure which boots would be suitable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:25 pm