IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Philip
Duncan McLain
Gulf91
Gemini
parafal
lammasulyon
Camo_fiend
Easy Gee
12 posters

British Jacket lightweight-Gulf War.

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

British Jacket lightweight-Gulf War. - Page 5 Empty Re: British Jacket lightweight-Gulf War.

Post by Gulf91 Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:54 pm

Look forwards to seeing/reading the guide.
    Edward53
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2013-12-02
    Number of posts : 216

British Jacket lightweight-Gulf War. - Page 5 Empty Re: British Jacket lightweight-Gulf War.

Post by Edward53 Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:01 am

Not sure when I'll be doing this but it seems unlikely to be in the immediate future. It depends on when I have everything ready, which is beyond my control.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:12 am

Edward53 wrote:Cheers Gary, I like it for the same reason as you do, and I agree that use by a sniper would make sense if the elbows were padded out. I like both unissued and used items, they appeal in different ways. This jacket was £2 and it's probably not worth any more in purely financial terms, but I was really pleased to find it.

I will take pics of some more ddpm and other items, but bear with me a bit longer, as there are still a couple of pieces I want but don't have examples of. Then, once I'm ready, I mean to start a Gulf War One kit identification thread based on patterns and labelling. I don't claim to be an expert, but I'm faily confident I have picked up enough knowledge to provide a basic guide, and unless someone beats me to it, that will be the only resource on the Internet (or anywhere else that I know of) explaining how to recognise and date this kit.

No worries,great to see the more unusual bits of GW kit,and especially for £2.00 which is an excellent price to pay..brilliant!

There definitely needs to be some sort of definitive thread on these item's,so when you create it it will be very exciting to read and view,regards Gary.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:32 am