IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

German Concentration/Work Camps on Channel Islands (originally posted by bond007a1)

ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 247

German Concentration/Work Camps on Channel Islands (originally posted by bond007a1) Empty German Concentration/Work Camps on Channel Islands (originally posted by bond007a1)

Post by ADMIN Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Could anyone shed some light concerning German Concentration/Work Camps on the Channel Islands? I have a German helmet which came from a cave/bunker on Jersey. It is an SS marked one. I do know that there were either concentration or work camps on Alderney and that the Germans "took" the Channel Islands. I am just trying to find more info about this...Thanks

Steven
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

German Concentration/Work Camps on Channel Islands (originally posted by bond007a1) Empty Re: German Concentration/Work Camps on Channel Islands (originally posted by bond007a1)

Post by ADMIN Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:45 pm

There were four camps according to Dr. Paul Sanders (See last URL). You can even review his book about the occupation. Thot that German personnel there were mainly naval personnel, but he mentions SS personnel for the camps. It is likely that there were Auslandsamt personnel to act as governing officials. Sanders also lists OT and Heer personnel.

Here are a couple of interesting links:

Occupation of the Channel Islands

Channel Islands Occupation Society (Guernsey Branch)

www.thisisjersey.com/occupationhistory
    PAGE IS NO LONGER THERE!!!!

You might have a good one! Post some pics!

Steve Z.
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

German Concentration/Work Camps on Channel Islands (originally posted by bond007a1) Empty Re: German Concentration/Work Camps on Channel Islands (originally posted by bond007a1)

Post by ADMIN Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:46 pm

Steve,
    Thanks for the info, I have only been able to find the first link-Wikipedia, So I am very excited to get this info.

I actually have posted pics of the helmet under the helmets forum.

Steven

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 1:58 am