IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

DCU Blouse Professionally Modified?

oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Dan M
    Registration date : 2011-06-10
    Number of posts : 131

DCU Blouse Professionally Modified? Empty DCU Blouse Professionally Modified?

Post by oceanfrontguy Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:58 pm

Just picked up this DCU Blouse today at Little Creek! Really nice and my question is do u think it was made from scratch with the shoulder pockets and velcro? It doesnt look like there was any stitching holes or marks where the lower pockets would have been removed. Also the Velcro is nice and professional looking. Not saying some SEALS cant sew real good but it looks more professionally done than a Navy guy and a sewing machine lol Smile

Also i take it the brand is "NCED"? If so ive never heard of them before.... Any ideas? I dont see a patch area for a SEAL trident so im thinking it might have been a SWCC/Riverine guy's shirt, all of which are stationed at Little Creek.

DCU Blouse Professionally Modified? DSCN6359

DCU Blouse Professionally Modified? DSCN6360

DCU Blouse Professionally Modified? DSCN6361

DCU Blouse Professionally Modified? DSCN6362

DCU Blouse Professionally Modified? DSCN6363
    John Brown
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-09-11
    Number of posts : 234

DCU Blouse Professionally Modified? Empty Re: DCU Blouse Professionally Modified?

Post by John Brown Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:09 pm

oceanfrontguy wrote:but it looks more professionally done than a Navy guy and a sewing machine lol Smile
    Those "Navy guys" enjoy taking care of their SEALs.

I don't know a job description, but there are definitely sailors whose job involves a professional sewing machine, and who sews as if a life depends on it.
    oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

DCU Blouse Professionally Modified? Empty Re: DCU Blouse Professionally Modified?

Post by oceanfrontguy Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:13 pm

John Brown wrote:
    oceanfrontguy wrote:but it looks more professionally done than a Navy guy and a sewing machine lol Smile
    Those "Navy guys" enjoy taking care of their SEALs.

I don't know a job description, but there are definitely sailors whose job involves a professional sewing machine, and who sews as if a life depends on it.

Well im an Naval Aviation guy (worked on F-14 Tomcats) and our PRs (Parachute Riggers/Aircrew Survival Equipment man) would be the go-to guys for sewing. They are taught to sew in their initial schools after bootcamp. So maybe the Teams have a PR or two in their equipment lockers....

So any idea about the "NCED" brand or name?
    tenewel
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-07-26
    Number of posts : 132

Post by tenewel Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:05 pm

NSN checks out to a standard issue DCU (Three Color) Jacket. If you look up the NSN all of the respecitive photos show a standard jacket with all four pockets on the front, no velcro on the sleeves.
    tenewel
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by tenewel Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:40 pm

Pulled some of my spares out. Jackets match the NSN lines in line with yours. My manufacturers are American Apparel, Inc; Golden Manufacturing; and E.A. Industries (first two jackets, last pants).

Whoever did the mod work did some purdy stichin. Gotta remember this. Tactical Tailor was started by a grunt (infantryman) and Blackhawk Industries was started by a SEAL. Just cause they're shooters doesn't mean they have limted skill sets or brain power.

Newest question from me...are there button holes on the inside of the pockets or is it only the velcro?
    oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by oceanfrontguy Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:57 pm

Yes there is buttons/button holes still. Ive just never seen that "company" name before so i didnt know if it might have been a special company converting standard DCUs into mods for the seals or whomever. Either way its a nice find for $5!!
    tenewel
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by tenewel Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:22 am

Fully agree. My money is one the fact that when OIF/OEF kicked into full swing the gubment kicked up the number of contractors making uniforms.

Here's another thought or two on who made it. Thought one. In the Army we have sewing sections that do everything from patches to personal equipment repair to tents and vehilce tarp repair. Civilian contractors. Always professional work.

Thought two. It's SOCOM. What to say they didn't take in stock uniforms and take them outside of the normal establishment and have a vendor do it.

Just some thoughts but definately a cool shirt.
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3323

Post by nkomo Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:48 am

NCED stands for the National Center for the Employment of the Disabled. Looks like they bilked the US government out of quite a bit of money. Here is a link to an interesting article about them. Link: http://www.ktsm.com/news/bob-jones-former-ceo-of-nced-sentenced-to-prison

Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by tenewel Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:53 am

Interesting story. So, do that mean that they'll go up in value? Very Happy
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3323

Post by nkomo Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:44 am

tenewel wrote:Interesting story. So, do that mean that they'll go up in value? Very Happy

Who knows. Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:59 pm