IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Martin
koalorka
zvez
Camo_fiend
Sgt P.
nkomo
bond007a1
CollectinSteve
panzerwerk
escammo
filupe
15 posters

Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set

filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set Empty Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set

Post by filupe Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:06 am

Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set 100_3657

Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set 100_3658

Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set 100_3659

Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set 100_3661

Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set 100_3664

deltaevo978 likes this post

escammo
    escammo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Erick
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Number of posts : 165

Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set Empty Re: Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set

Post by escammo Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:35 pm

Nice photos of the MVD Tropical KLMK, filupe.

There are 4 coloration variations of these Vera manufactured KLMKs (according to Dennis Desmond). Here is the MVD KLMK "superfecta" with the uniforms set side-by-side so you can compare the coloration of the suits. From left to right: Desert, European, Tropical and Mountain. Descriptions of the uniforms are on page 42 of Desmond's book but the photos in his book make direct comparison difficult (especially since the mountain configuration photo looks as if one of the colors is black).

Erick

Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set Russian_MVD_KLMK
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Number of posts : 3068

Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set Empty Re: Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set

Post by panzerwerk Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Great set I love these suits , I have a VSR suit in this cut , no stamps , but virtually identical except one arm pocket , I also have the tropical version !!
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6952

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:25 pm

I'm pretty sure a friend of mine has an identical cut set in bi-color. However, it's been years since I saw it so I can't say for absolute certain it is identical. What it isn't is the standard field uniform nor is it the winter set. There is also a Stair Step set with the shapes being white on the typical green background. I've not compared the Stair Step set to see if it is 100% identical, however if it isn't identical it's nearly so.

I constantly get the Tropical and Mountain versions mixed up because there's only one color difference between the two and I don't equate a tan base with either environments Smile I'm missing the Tropical set. Stupid things rarely come up for sale, so I'm still out of luck!

Steve
    bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

Post by bond007a1 Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Does anyone have a set of the desert version....I would LOVE to see photos of it...it reminds me of the Czech Republic desert pattern

Steven

nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:15 pm

bond007a1 wrote:Does anyone have a set of the desert version....I would LOVE to see photos of it...it reminds me of the Czech Republic desert pattern

Steven
    Steven,
    Yes....someone does have the desert version. That person is me.
    Arch

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by bond007a1 Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:23 pm

nkomo wrote:
    bond007a1 wrote:Does anyone have a set of the desert version....I would LOVE to see photos of it...it reminds me of the Czech Republic desert pattern

Steven
    Steven,
    Yes....someone does have the desert version. That person is me.
    Arch

Are you serious???? Why have I NEVER seen it... Question

Steven

escammo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by escammo Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:45 pm

Here is a photo of the Desert Jacket. This uniform is constructed just like the tropical suit pictured above.

Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set MVD_KLMK_Desert
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:06 pm

My first reaction to this pattern was "hey, this only has two colors. No big deal". My second reaction was "wow... this sucker is LOVELY to look at". I don't know why I was so surprised to find myself loving it since Soviet Bi-Color is one of my all time favorite patterns. And yet I also love camo patterns that look like they survived a train wreck. Go figure Very Happy

Now if I could just fine the Tropical version, my life would be complete (for about 5 minutes at least!).

Steve
    bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by bond007a1 Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:50 pm

THANK YOU ERICK for showing that jacket....It is a very interesting pattern...one that I have never encountered before....

Steven

panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:52 pm

I will will you mine Buddy !!

Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set RKMLKtropical1

Along with the VSR version !!!

Sorry I just had to rub it in !!!!!!

Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set USSRvsrKLMK1
    bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by bond007a1 Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:56 pm

The tropical set pattern & colours remind me of 2 particular uniforms..the old East German Blumentarn & the old Iraqi republican guard camo(YES...I know they have tons of patterns)...would it be a safe assumption to conclude that the Russians had their hands in the creating of the 2 sets I mentioned..

here is the Iraqi one I was referring to..
    Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set Iraqre10

PS..I realize the Iraqi is different...but the colours seem somewhat close...

escammo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by escammo Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:20 pm

I really like that VSR KLMK and have always wanted to get one. Trident Militaria has some VSR KLMKs for sale along with some in other nice patterns - they cost a bit of money though.

I also want one of those Iraqi desert patterns.... too many camos and not enough money for sure.

Here is a 2 piece KLMK in the Sunray pattern The suit is dated 1988. This uniform is reversible to the grid pattern.

Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set KLMK_2pc_Sunray

That is about it for the 2 piece KLMKs in my collection. I can start posting some older MKKs if you want.. Very Happy
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:42 pm

would it be a safe assumption to conclude that the Russians had their hands in the creating of the 2 sets I mentioned..

I do not think the Russians had anything to do with the East German camo , Cant say with the Iraqi stuff , but I would not think so , they did however buy camo from all over the world !
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am

Dang it Steve, now I have to will you something else. Hmm... how about US 6 Color Desert? I don't think I've put you down for any of that yet. Done! As always, no thanks necessary. I'm just a nice guy in this cutthroat world.

Wink

Erick, because you probably missed Steve's original post, he basically stole that VSR set. I think the postage cost him more than the uniform, and we all know how light those things are!

Steve
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:34 am

$16 shipped !! came with the hood ,beret and shirt , the pants and face mask were missing .
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:21 pm

I cry for you...

Smile

Steve
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:27 pm

It helps make up for the small fortune I have spent on other things like that Czech jacket !!
    Sgt P.
    Sgt P.
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-01-07
    Number of posts : 168

Post by Sgt P. Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Guys tell me about it. My friend in the Czech republic sent me an auction for one of their cold war sniper sets. It went for close to $600 US. And I bet the postage for the winner was steep too. Your Soviet sets are awesome. I wish someone would will me the 2 color Soviet coveralls that Chris Smith traded away to that French collector.
    If he is here on the forum, I would love a photo of it and the tags. Cool Bruce
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:26 am

Chris is definitely here. He'll probably sniff out the mention of his name soon enough Smile

Steve
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:33 am

Am I hallucinating or does it look like there are cocktail umbrellas, chaise lounge chairs and sombreros worked into the pattern on the first jacket posted? Laughing

I'm being totally serious, if you look really closely you can see shapes that are very similar to that...

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

Post by zvez Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:07 pm

You know that suit in the top is very similar to the old desert 1 pc I sold (it went to J. Borsarello who we all know and was featured in his book). It's the only one I ever saw. Was neat piece no telling where it is now.

Chris
    Sgt P.
    Sgt P.
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Soviet MVD lightweight 'tropical' set Empty Soviet MVD Lightweight tropical set.

Post by Sgt P. Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Chris,
    I liked the story that you told about the previous owner of the 1 piece Soviet desert camo coverall working on his car in that one of a kind coverall. Shocked That took the prize! Bruce
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

Post by zvez Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Yep, my Finnish friend, living in the Soviet Union at the time ca. 1985 I think, he had an eye for the good stuff. he told me a very effective practice for getting goodies was to go to unit barracks and ask for Ivan, invariably at least one would come along, and he'd trade for gear with them. Can't begin to tell you the treasures he found for me!! And remember this was in the 80s when KLMKs were going for hundreds of dollars, and vdv berets $100+!! AHH the good old days.

Chris

Sgt P. wrote:Chris,
    I liked the story that you told about the previous owner of the 1 piece Soviet desert camo coverall working on his car in that one of a kind coverall. Shocked That took the prize! Bruce
    Sgt P.
    Sgt P.
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by Sgt P. Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Chris, I was 10 years too late to find one of those desert coveralls. Sad I got there when my brother worked for the Embassy in Moscow. He found me a few good items, but the real smart person to find me items was his housekeeper Olga who was married to 2 Soviet Army troops. She put me into contact with Russian military folks who wanted US items. As a gift I have her a Nike track suit that I bought from GUM in Red Square. She burst into tears. I asked my brother why was she so sad. He replied that it was the nicest thing that anyone had ever given her. I hope to go back to the Ukraine as our Great Grandfather was Ukrainian. Cool

Sometimes the best things in life are the easiest to find. Wink Good people who just wanted a normal life. I learned alot of things during my month in Russia. Bruce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:59 am